Passing information from called iOSView to calling iOSView

I am having trouble passing parameters between two screens. I enter fields in the first view, then call a secondary view to make some calculations to produce a value in a secondary view. The result is then copied to a global variable and I return to the initial view using the backarrow. I can show that the global variable contains the value I need to enter into a field in the first screen, bit cannot figure out how to get that value into the text field I want it to be entered into. The text field has only three event handlers, Open, Close and Text Change. None seem helpful.
Does anyone have any advice on the best way to overcome this issue?
Thanks in advance

instead of looking for events on the textfield, look for events on the view
Your view has an Activate() event, so when that fires, it can populate the text field with the value of your global variable.

Another possibility:
You could add a global reference to the two screens.
So instead of

global.textvalue = "1234" //you would use global.varScreenone.textfield1.text = "1234"

Thank you!
The action event on the view populates the text field with the value of the global variable. I default it to zero, which fires the first time the screen opens, then once I return to the first screen after doing the calculation I require, it does it again, but this time, I have changed the value of the global variable.

When you push to the new view, you can pass information. Example:

var v As New myView
v.localproperty = Me.TextField1.Value
Self.PushTo(v)

You could also use a delegate that the second view will invoke from the Close event, passing a value as parameter.
You then populate the textfield from that delegated method using the value.

Jeremie,
I appreciate your advice, but can you please give me an example?

Hi Philip,

Here is a simple example of passing information from the child view to a parent view using a delegate:
https://www.jeremieleroy.com/upload/Delegate_Example_iOS.xojo_binary_project

You might want to read this to understand what are delegates:
https://documentation.xojo.com/api/language/delegate.html

Delegates are extremely useful as they can pass any type of information, even a custom class.

In the above example, the delegate is defined in the Parent view but it could be defined anywhere, in a class, a module, the child view…