Parasite Icon

Hi,

I have the icon below that appears each time I copy / move a file of type CBR. Usually this type icon is set by The Unarchiver.app.

I tried everything I know to find it on my hard disks, but I failed.

Do you know the application owner of this icon ?

Nota: the screen shot above is lighter that the real icon because of the type of the screen shot (the moment in time I do the screen shot). So it-f you know that icon, but the colors here are lighter, feel free to gave me its application owner name.

TIA.

PS: I even booted with Mavericks on an external HD, and rebuild the Spotlight index (because I do not found how to do it with 10.10). The icon is still here.
I also make .app and .icns items on the hard disk (system files included): not found.

What do you get with Command-i in “Open with:” ?

Nothing because I cannot do that:
This icon appears only when I move a file from one hard disk to another ot to a MemoryStick / SDCard, etc.

Beside that I do not saw it anywhere, but I have tons of .cbr /.CBR files…

[quote=209983:@Emile Schwarz]Nothing because I cannot do that:
This icon appears only when I move a file from one hard disk to another ot to a MemoryStick / SDCard, etc.

Beside that I do not saw it anywhere, but I have tons of .cbr /.CBR files…[/quote]

So getting info when the file is finished moving is not possible ? Why ?

According to this, it is an icon that belongs to Simple Comic comic book reader.

Thank you Michel.

Because that icon - like I wrote two times - does appears in the file only at move time. When the file is at the target destination, it takes The Unarchiver specific Icon (aPp Store).

Thank you Louis.

What is strange is… I deleted it last month (and prior to that, I zipped the whole folder, but the icon was still there).

And I used Disk Utils… etc.

Reading a bit more, I see that the reader probably made an association with RAR archives. You may want to change the file association for RAR type files, that may get rid of the icon. I would also check associations with CBR files.

Hi Louis,

When I went back home, that idea comes to mind and I do it. (Get Info on a RAR file and click in the use that application area / button).

I do not saw the icon anymore. I have to vonfirm that, but I thinl the phantom is gone.

Thanks to S.O.S. Phantom ;-:slight_smile: