Pages don't scroll or zoom in Mobile

Am working on a web app. It is intended for use on large screen iMacs and occasionally on smaller screen desktop or ipad, no problem if the user has to scroll.
But I have just noted that app pages do not scroll when the viewport is smaller. On a pc or mac, I can zoom in or out, but in the ipad or a Note 4 Android, it just does not scroll, zoom, nothing.

So I changed the body overflow style with an ExecuteJavascript.

Me.ExecuteJavaScript ("document.body.style.overflowX = 'scroll'; document.body.style.overflowY = 'scroll';" )

On any other page, this code will show scrollbars when the viewport is smaller than the page area, but in Xojo it does not seem to work. The style is added but the behavior is the same. I prefer no scrollbars, just the ability of the user to scroll with the fingers on the mobile touchscreen.

Pages I have done with PHP or any other technology don’t have that limitation, and am assuming I missed something in the documentation.

As a recap, the need is to be able to scroll the pages with touch or mouse on any device if the browser window is smaller in pixels than the page area. Am not talking about responsive design, just plain up and down scrolling.

Appreciate any suggestion.

[quote=224210:@Julio Debroy]Am working on a web app. It is intended for use on large screen iMacs and occasionally on smaller screen desktop or ipad, no problem if the user has to scroll.
But I have just noted that app pages do not scroll when the viewport is smaller. On a pc or mac, I can zoom in or out, but in the ipad or a Note 4 Android, it just does not scroll, zoom, nothing.

So I changed the body overflow style with an ExecuteJavascript.

Me.ExecuteJavaScript ("document.body.style.overflowX = 'scroll'; document.body.style.overflowY = 'scroll';" )

On any other page, this code will show scrollbars when the viewport is smaller than the page area, but in Xojo it does not seem to work. The style is added but the behavior is the same. I prefer no scrollbars, just the ability of the user to scroll with the fingers on the mobile touchscreen.

Pages I have done with PHP or any other technology don’t have that limitation, and am assuming I missed something in the documentation.

As a recap, the need is to be able to scroll the pages with touch or mouse on any device if the browser window is smaller in pixels than the page area. Am not talking about responsive design, just plain up and down scrolling.

Appreciate any suggestion.[/quote]

Have you set minHeight and minWidth to the size of the WebPage ? If you left it as default, indeed it won’t scroll on a smaller viewport.

Michel,
This is another chapter of “I thought I’ve done that” :slight_smile: It worked correctly after setting minHeight and width.

Thanks!