Overlapping on Mojave

Has anyone tried the new macOS Mojave 10.14?, I’m know that is still a Beta (Beta 2), I tried Xojo 2017 and 2018 on this, and some controls like Listbox headers suffers overlapping controls and labels, even on the Find Panel (command Key+F).

Will Xojo contemplating a new release to fix that?

Have you tried to use Feedback? Like doing a search?

Thanks Beatrix I’ll gonna test it

Playing with a commercial Xojo app on Mojave. I see a lot of beach balling . I don’t think it likes 32 bit very much.

It should do, but it’s deprecated, which basically means any new bugs introduced are less likely to get fixed.

Yes. There are thousands of visual glitches not just with Xojo made applications, but all over the place. Hopefully these will get cleared up before final release (although you never can tell with Apple nowadays).

There is a feedback report for the listbox that’s been confirmed (it’s private sorry), but please add your own.

[quote=393041:@Gerardo García]Has anyone tried the new macOS Mojave 10.14?, I’m know that is still a Beta (Beta 2), I tried Xojo 2017 and 2018 on this, and some controls like Listbox headers suffers overlapping controls and labels, even on the Find Panel (command Key+F).

Will Xojo contemplating a new release to fix that?[/quote]
Considering you’re using a beta operating system that was released after Xojo 2018r1.1 (which is 64-bit btw), it’s not surprising that there are some issues. That said, we go through this each summer, just after Apple releases their first betas. While we do take note of how the IDE runs, we typically don’t dig into it until mid-summer when Apple’s has a chance to work out some of their bugs first, lest we spend time tracking down a bug that’s not on our end.

Feel free to file bug reports in Feedback, but for things that appear differently between 10.13 and 10.14 make sure you file a bug with Apple as well… just in case.

+1

How would I phrase a bug report that suggests that the bug lies within Xojo’s code and not in my own, though? If Listbox headers appear wrong only in Xojo apps, then Apple will assume it’s not their fault, but Xojo’s.

As I’m not the developer of that Listbox code, I’m only reporting as a 3rd party, like hearsay, so Apple will most probably not take my report seriously. Only Xojo can report such issues. Or have others experienced success with reporting bugs to Apple that were inside Xojo’s and not their own code?

+1: Xojo should/must report such issues by them self!

There will likely be bugs we need to report to Apple but reporting bugs about Xojo’s custom-made ListBox just seems silly to me, what’s it got to with Apple? It’s not a native control.

We report those issues to Xojo Inc. and Xojo Inc. then needs to find out if this is something Xojo is doing wrong (Xojo Inc. needs to fix it) or if this is something macOS is doing wrong (Apple needs to fix it). This again leads to Reports only Xojo Inc. can handle correctly. Or?

BTW: Does it really matters if it’s a native control? I do not think so. If it’s something macOS is doing wrong, it needs to be fixed no matter if it’s happening in a native control or in an API. :slight_smile:

If you can provide good information to Apple to prove that it’s something to do with them, then by all means report it. But I’m guessing only Xojo themselves really have that information and understanding. If your report is simply “you know that Xojo thing? Their old Listbox control looks kinda funny on Mojave”, I think that’s a good way to get future bug reports mentioning Xojo ignored :wink: