OS X. Project size grow

I just realized that my project size grow from < 6MB (2014-12-16) to > 20MB (yesterday). *

The only significant addition was three icons (that does not seems to be used)
And the application’s Resources folder is only 916KB.

No, I do not use RexEg, not DataBase, nor (?)

The OS X application hard disk foot print is 6.5MB and the Windows application hard disk foot print is only 32.5MB.

Do you have an idea of the why ?
Do you have an idea to where to start the quest of the (possible) error ?

LBN: I’ve make a search and found another “significant” raise of a rbp file size (last modified on March 21, 2015): 15MB vs 4.1MB.

• Now I know why any save takes so much time !

Windows Built App Changes in 2015 Release 2

Thanks Eli, but this is not about an application size, but project size, and on OS X.

Also, bug squashes are for current people. If your license plan is over, you will not benefit from these.

BTW: what is the average Windows Application foot print when compiled with Xojo 2015r2 ?

[quote=188208:@Emile Schwarz]The OS X application hard disk foot print is 6.5MB and the Windows application hard disk foot print is only 32.5MB.

Do you have an idea of the why ?[/quote]
I thought the question was: why is an app on Windows 4 to 5 times larger (32.5 MB on Windows vs. 6.5 MB on OS X).

[quote]@Emile Schwarz The OS X application hard disk foot print is 6.5MB and the Windows application hard disk foot print is only 32.5MB.
Do you have an idea of the why ?[/quote]

Joe, Norman or Greg or all three already explained that Windows applications need to carry the ICU library to support the Text data type, which is not necessary in Mac OS X.

As I understand it the Question is: Why Project-Source-Code-File (the “.xojo_binary_project” or the “.rbp”) has grown in size without any major increase in Code or other additions of Resources to the Project. It’s not about the Compiled Application but the Source-Code Version of the Project.

you could check with arbed what’s inside.
Maybe they now store icons differently?

His post, as often, contained several interrogations :

[code]I just realized that my project size grow from < 6MB (2014-12-16) to > 20MB (yesterday). *

The only significant addition was three icons (that does not seems to be used)
And the application’s Resources folder is only 916KB.

No, I do not use RexEg, not DataBase, nor (?)

The OS X application hard disk foot print is 6.5MB and the Windows application hard disk foot print is only 32.5MB.[/code]

I only replied to the last question about the app.

I have absolutely no idea what he could have done to triple the size of his project with only three icons.

@Emile Schwarz, did you open and save your project with a newer version of Xojo recently? If you’re using a lot of icons, they now support 1024x1024, which when saved are about 1MB each, if I recall correctly.

Answer after more testings:
Greg, you found it: the OS X Icons have a small foot print in the Standalone applications, but make the project files far more large than what they were.

I added a FireFox full set of document Icon (so 1,024 x 1,024 x 144) into 8Queens.xojo_binary_project and save it to saw its size going to >11MB instead of 75KB~.

Previous answer:

The icons size is small (as I wrote earlier), and in one case it could have been the case, but I cannot believe this can be the case in the other project (if I recall correctly, the icon size in that old project was/is 128 x 128); I only wanted to get a recent compiled standalone.

There is one test I do not think to do: open an old project, modify nothing, save it uner a new name and check the sizes.

Done with one project file (May 2013): original .rbp file is 6.1MB, newsly loaded/saved size is 6.6MB. Note that the project was set to Carbon and no ID was set; Xojo displayed the window to let me decide what to do: I asked it to resolve the cases for me.

I tried with 8Queens.xojo_binary_project and the newly saved project have the same size. I will