OS X (Carbon) ???

in the default window, Properties pane, there is an entry named “OS X (Carbon)”.

The “BUILD SETTINGS” OS X (Navigation pane) Framework is set to Cocoa.
[Entries are:
Composite As Boolean [ON-OFF]
Mac Proc ID As Integer)

The CheckBox is not checked.

Am I wrong or right if I think there is a problem there ?

BTW: the Xojo version is “current” as today, but it is not registered (build cannot be done).

Xojo current (as of today)

Click on the “OS X” build settings and change the Framework from Cocoa to Carbon…

Hi shao sean,

Thank you for your answer.

Nice idea, but since Carbon is deprecated AND Cocoa the future, I was wondering why this appears when the default is Cocoa.

Sorry, I thought you were asking how to get it to work… Yes, the Carbon feature should be hidden when the framework is set to Cocoa, so perhaps submit a feedback for it…

[quote=103419:@Emile Schwarz]in the default window, Properties pane, there is an entry named “OS X (Carbon)”.

The “BUILD SETTINGS” OS X (Navigation pane) Framework is set to Cocoa.
[Entries are:
Composite As Boolean [ON-OFF]
Mac Proc ID As Integer)

The CheckBox is not checked.

Am I wrong or right if I think there is a problem there ?
[/quote]
No
Those settings are for a Window but ONLY apply if you build for Carbon

We could move them to the advanced pane like we have in other places for Carbon specific settings

Might be a good idea to stop some people getting confused, but then it will irritate those who are used to it being where it is…

If it is only used in Carbon and other Carbon features have been moved to the advanced Inspector panel, then I don’t see it being an issue (I am going to assume that Carbon support will be dropped sooner or later)

Indeed and those who don’t convert will left behind. At least it’s better than “Convert or Die”.

[Separated place for Carbon specific settings] Yes, please. I intend never going there.

Good idea.

While we are at it, isn’t it a good idea to place Control Location/Size and Lock in another advanced pane ?
I set them once, and usually never change these properties.

It can be done (split displayed properties into advanced panes) taking into account the number of times (often, rarely) the set of properties are used

A maximum number of icons (in one line) have to be set too (two lines ?) because it will be counter time saving to search “where is my Advanced icon ?”.

Just ideas.

With a small Mac (Plus / Classic / Color ?) as the Icon ?