OpenDocument and multiple files

It seems it is not possible to use OpenDocument and multiple files.

Is there a good reason why this is not possible? Any modern can accept two or more files being dropped on the Apps icon.

BTW I know dropping multiple files onto the OpenDocument will start the App x times. So when you drop 5 files onto the apps icon, it will launch 5 times.

You can do some trickery to add all the files to an array and use a timer to process them.
But why doesn’t it just uses items (instead of item). This way you could easy process them one-by-one using a do-loop.
Similar to the DropObject event.

Hi Christoph,

I do not found it in docs, but I recall something like NextItem from DragItem, in the Application Class to deal with multiple drops above the Application Icon.

The event is definitively Application.OpenDocument (UserGuide-Fundamentals.pdf, page 65); OpenDocument appears only in Book 1 (no occurence found in Books 2, 3 & 4).

Note that the description here is different to the description in the PDF.

What we normally do is to put the folderitems in an array and start a timer to process 1 ms later.
Next call to OpenDocument, we add another folderitem to the files array and reset timer.

Timer executes when all files are in the array.

[quote=125831:@Christoph De Vocht]BTW I know dropping multiple files onto the OpenDocument will start the App x times. So when you drop 5 files onto the apps icon, it will launch 5 times.
[/quote]

Mac does not do that. You must be referring to Windows.

This calls for Mutex and IPCSocket to send each folderItem to the first instance of the app.