OpenDialog for both files and folders

Hi,

(For OSX, MacOSLib, no plugins)
In my App, a user can either drop a single file, multiple files a directory or a combination of files/directories on a canvas. I’ll then handle things in code. (I have filetypes defined.)
However, instead of only drag and drop, I also want to give the option to do the same via an OpenDialog.

Either I’m missing something but as far as I can tell; In the Xojo OpenDialog, I can select multiple files but not directories. And if I select a directory and click the ‘Open’ button’, it goes ‘into’ the directory. It doesn’t return the directory. I would like it to be able to return whatever is selected. Either a directory or a file or multiple files/directories.
There are many Apps that allow this (VLC, iFlicks, Sublime, Preview etc.) but I can’t get it done via the Xojo OpenDialog.
(I’m aware of the SelectFolderDialog but that’s for Folders only. I would like to do both like many other Apps.)
Does anyone know some trick to get this done?

No. But building your own Dialog with a Window,Listbox,Buttons, should not be that difficult. :slight_smile:

OS X can do that.
I do have it in MBS Plugins. No sure if it’s in MacOSLib.

This is an old Project with Carbon Declares
I do not remember where I found it.

It works in 2015R1 Cocoa App.

Maybe someone can convert for Cocoa

You need to use a NSOpenPanel, it has the option for selecting both files and folders. I know MBS has a NSSavePanel class (and I seem to recall NSOpenPanel is a subclass of NSSavePanel!).

I’m sure that the MacOSLib also has this.

[quote=206916:@Axel Schneider]This is an old Project with Carbon Declares
I do not remember where I found it.

It works in 2015R1 Cocoa App.

Maybe someone can convert for Cocoa[/quote]

It does work fine. Indeed it will need to be converted to Cocoa eventually.

It will also be necessary to have a 64 bit compatible set of declares soon.

Thank you.

[quote=207077:@Sam Rowlands]You need to use a NSOpenPanel, it has the option for selecting both files and folders. I know MBS has a NSSavePanel class (and I seem to recall NSOpenPanel is a subclass of NSSavePanel!).

I’m sure that the MacOSLib also has this.[/quote]

MacOSLib does not have it.

Christian as NSFilePresenterwhich is based on NSOpenPanel
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/icloud-nsfilepresentermbs-event.shtml

Well, just use OpenDialogMBS or NSOpenPanelMBS to select file/folder in one dialog.