Old-style file extensions

Would it be possible for the rbvcp-style file extensions to be optionally available when saving? I understand that Xojo wants to emphasize their new branding, but I just had to manually rename several new files that Xojo saved with the xojo_code file extension even though the project uses rbvcp-style extensions.

Why did you have to rename them?

I renamed them because I assumed that older IDEs wouldn’t accept the files if the file extension wasn’t rbbas, rbfrm, etc. I just tested and it seems that the extension doesn’t matter. Older IDEs will work with xojo_code files :slight_smile:

It’d be nice, for aesthetic/OCD reasons, but my technical reasoning was mistaken.

[quote=12003:@Andrew Lambert]I renamed them because I assumed that older IDEs wouldn’t accept the files if the file extension wasn’t rbbas, rbfrm, etc. I just tested and it seems that the extension doesn’t matter. Older IDEs will work with xojo_code files :slight_smile:

It’d be nice, for aesthetic/OCD reasons, but my technical reasoning was mistaken.[/quote]
Xojo WON’T change the extensions on existing file.
And old versions will open them - most times without issue but there can be new things that old versions dont understand.
BUT be aware that Xojo DOES fix a coupe bugs in the handling of VCP files that the old IDE’s get horribly wrong (sorry about that guys as I think I caused it way back when) 2012r2.1 and earlier MAY reorganize files into locations that Xojo does NOT expect and Xojo may put them back where they are supposes to be.
So you CAN end up doing a weird dance of files being moved and lost in older versions.
Since we fixed these & only use Xojo to write Xojo we no longer see this issue with our SVN repository