Odd IDE behaviour

Hi All

Does anyone experience really odd copy/paste and move behaviour when editing code. For instance if I copy a string and want to replace a string somewhere else in the code I place my cursor and highlight the string to be replaced then pressed paste and the paste will insert 2 or 3 characters before or after the cursor position. Put 3 spaces in and then place cursor on middle space then paste - no problem.

If you highlight copy a selection the drag and drop then the finish position seems random plus or minus a few lines/characters. At least it’s better than 2012 where moving text had a box and cursor position literally miles apart. It was like playing an old arcade game. Quite endearing really…

I had some similar issues where the cursor position did not match where the subsequent action took place. I made it a lot better in my case by changing fonts in the code editor. I changed mine to Microsoft Sans Serif and size 18. Not sure if the issues I had were caused by changing the fonts in the first place. Have you ever changed the code editor font? To change the font, click on Xojo followed by preferences in the menu and then click on coding in the toolbar. In my opinion there are issues with the code editor and certain fonts.

Also when copying classes and methods and properties… I don’ t seem to be left at the point where the paste was supposed to be made.

I have random problem when doing copy/paste in coding:
sometimes ctrl+c , ctrl+v just don’t work ,you need to do it twice.
and sometimes it became enter pressed…

BTW : Where I can report this bug?

Closing the error message pane at the bottom of the IDE seems to help reduce this problem, but it is ongoing and seems to be a b1tch to find.

Well, use Feedback to enter all bugs, but I think it has been reported numerous times. Ctrl-K to analyze the project doesn’t work most of the time anyway.

The IDE still has some major issues. Copy / paste is flaky, forward and back buttons don’t work, clicking from one window to another does not change the focus. Actually, pretty remarkable that two years after release these issues are not resolved.

[quote=87083:@Harrison Yu]I have random problem when doing copy/paste in coding:
sometimes ctrl+c , ctrl+v just don’t work ,you need to do it twice.
and sometimes it became enter pressed…

I get the same issue on Windows 8.1, drives me mad. Also be very careful when highlighting code and pressing the delete button. I few times I have done this and for some reason the focus appears to move to the navigator pane and the currently selected item (e.g. control, page etc) gets deleted.

Having only moved from Real Studio to Xojo full-time in the past month or so, I gave it a long while to get the problems ironed out. It has come a long way since last summer, really it does work much better. But if the plan is try to attract a slew of new users (which I can only assume is the plan because of the changes in the licensing model), they have got to get the IDE rock solid. The Mac-side seems more stable, faster to load, and works more like I would envision. But the Ctrl-key issues and focus problems on Windows need to be a big priority. If I am a new user and I see these issues while test driving it, that would be a big red flag.