Odd Drag/Move Behavior

We have a photo on the web. We want to allow users to annotate photo by placing labels and/or arrows on photo. Dragging the label/arrow on to the photo works more or less as expected. (I’ll refer to the annotations as arrows to simplify things.)

The problem is in moving the arrow to a different location after it’s been dropped. If I move it down and to the right, it’s ok. If I move it up (even just a half inch), the arrow magically lands in the upper left-hand corner of the picture. I’ve captured the x,y values, and they are where the arrow lands; it’s just that they’re not correct.

Very strange.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Bob

[quote=487700:@Bob Gordon]We have a photo on the web. We want to allow users to annotate photo by placing labels and/or arrows on photo. Dragging the label/arrow on to the photo works more or less as expected. (I’ll refer to the annotations as arrows to simplify things.)

The problem is in moving the arrow to a different location after it’s been dropped. If I move it down and to the right, it’s ok. If I move it up (even just a half inch), the arrow magically lands in the upper left-hand corner of the picture. I’ve captured the x,y values, and they are where the arrow lands; it’s just that they’re not correct.

Very strange.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Bob[/quote]
Could it be that they are offset by the top/left coordinate of the canvas itself?

An example project would be helpful too.