ODBC Connect Problem

I can not connect to a ODBC Source that was working fine with RealStudio. The Xojo crashes when attempting to connect.
My Application built with RealStudio is still working fine, but I can’t recompile it in Xojo.
I’m using MacOSx 10.8 accessing an ODBC Router that is accessing the ODBC Sources of a Windows Server.
I tried loading the ODBCPlugin from the RealStudio folder, but I get the same results.

Any ideias?

Seems a bug. I’ve the same problem, as soon as I add a new ODBC database to project Xojo crashes. I’ve tested it on both 10.6 and 10.8 systems.
I’ve filled a bug report: <https://xojo.com/issue/27508>

ODBC is fine here in OS X 10.8.4 and Win 7.

Can you connect to the ODBC data in code rather than adding it to the project?

Dim db As New ODBCDatabase db.DataSourceName = "" If db.Connect Then MsgBox("Connected.") End If

I’ve put that code into the Open event handler of the main window:

Dim db As New ODBCDatabase
db.DataSource = ""
If db.Connect Then
    //proceed with database operations
Else
    MsgBox("Error: " + db.ErrorMessage)
End If

The app is quits without any error messages on db.Connect, and produces the same crash log what I’ve linked to the feedback case.

Ah, yes. That is <https://xojo.com/issue/26158> “Attempting to connect to ODBC on OS X without specifying a DataSource crashes the app”.

For now, the workaround is to specify the DataSource.

Hello I use the ODBC from window 7. I can connect and populate the data in a list box and text bos.
But When I try to change the text of the text box I want to update my ODBC (SQL) but nothing happen

here is the code

If db.Connect Then
//proceed with database operations

db.SQLExecute("BEGIN TRANSACTION")
sql = "SELECT * FROM CorteDiarioHistorico  UPDATE CorteDiarioHistorico SET AjusteLLevarChar = 'PRUEBA'    WHERE Producto = 'Pollo' " 
db.SQLExecute(sql)
db.Commit

Else
MsgBox("Error: " + db.ErrorMessage)
End If

The system show fine the connection but do not update the dataBase

Regards

You should check db.ErrorMessage after your SQLExecute statement. I don’t know what database engine you are using, but I’m not familiar with that SQL syntax.

And you should really create a new thread for this question. I don’t see that it has anything to do with the rest of this (very old) thread.

[quote=40793:@Paul Lefebvre]And you should really create a new thread for this question. I don’t see that it has anything to do with the rest of this (very old) thread.
[/quote]

Very old, but still relevant. ODBC still not works under Mac OS X :frowning: