Object Pool

Hi!

I am thinking on a design for an application that needs to instantiate between 5.000 to 10.000 instances per frame (16 - 32 millisecs). I would like to develop it as a Xojo console App.

Main implementation is an State Pattern that needs to execute the fastest the possible within a 16-32 fps frame.

I wonder how LLVM improves about instantiation and honestly I don’t know if it’s the right moment for this question about LLVM.

Do you think an Object Pool design for 10.000 instances is worth the effort or LLVM alleviates this in some way. I would really like to develop this project in Xojo. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[quote=224286:@Amando Blasco]Hi!

I am thinking on a design for an application that needs to instantiate between 5.000 to 10.000 instances per between 16 and 32 ms. I would like to develop it as a Xojo console App. Main implementation is an State Pattern that needs to execute the fastest the possible within a 16-30 fps frame.

I wonder how LLVM improves about instantiation and honestly I don’t know if it’s the right moment for this question about LLVM.

Do you think an Object Pool design for 10.000 instances is worth the effort or LLVM alleviates this in some way. I would really like to develop this project in Xojo. :slight_smile:

Thanks![/quote]

The LLVM backend has no impact on this.

Sorry @Joe, I were editing my message to make it more understandable. In case LLVM doesn’t improve this, do you recommend for this design an Object Pool? Don’t know the real measure of a new instance ( no constructor logic, just object creation overhead).

Is it worth in your opinion in Xojo? ( 10.000 instances in 32 milisecs max ). A Lightweigth pattern would be perfect, but there are no common inputs :frowning:

Thanks