Notarise problem

Trying to notarise an application with App Wrapper 4.1. Wrap succeeds, creates dmg with DropDMG OK. Fails at upload to Apple with

“failed Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved” which is a server-side error I assume.

Part of the log below

CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy_block_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called

2021-03-15 15:49:29.702 altool[61266:5900568] Error:
Error: Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Drive.Moved
2021-03-15 15:49:29.708 altool[61266:5900568] Out:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> os-version 11.2.3 product-errors code -18000 message Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved userInfo NSLocalizedDescription Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved NSLocalizedFailureReason Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved tool-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/ContentDeliveryServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AppStoreService.framework tool-version 4.029.1194
1,747	dmg:                	1	2021-03-15 15:49:27.858 altool[61266:5900565] CFURLRequestSetHTTPCookieStorageAcceptPolicy_block_invoke: no longer implemented and should not be called

2021-03-15 15:49:29.702 altool[61266:5900568] Error:
Error: Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Drive.Moved
2021-03-15 15:49:29.708 altool[61266:5900568] Out:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> os-version 11.2.3 product-errors code -18000 message Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved userInfo NSLocalizedDescription Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved NSLocalizedFailureReason Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved tool-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/ContentDeliveryServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AppStoreService.framework tool-version 4.029.1194
1,747	dmg:                	{"code":-18000,"message":"Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved","type":"appleSubmissionIssues"}

Looks like Apple is having Notarization issues today. Try again later.

1 Like

That’s what I suspected, just wanted confirmation before wasting time.

Hi William,
I am sorry to see that App Wrapper is misbehaving for you.

Did you recently update your macOS version, I did and so did one other developer, who in turn then experienced problems.

For my case, I upgraded to Xcode 12.5.
For t’other developer they had to re-select their Xcode install again.

1. Open Xcode.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Select “Location”.
  4. Re-select their copy of Xcode from the “Command Line Tools” menu.

The errors you’ve listed all come from Apple’s altool which App Wrapper uses to upload to Apple. Apple do not publish the specifications of their upload service, so I am forced to use this tool.

I would suggest two things.

1. As @Greg_O_Lone says the Notarization service goes down on a weekly basis (I guess they have to reboot their servers regularly), sometimes simply trying again later in the day or tomorrow solves the problem.
  2. If the problem persists after several days, I’d look at downloading the latest version of Xcode. It’s a pain as it’s a 11GB download and fails multiple times.
1 Like

Thanks for your prompt attention to the issue - if it’s not working in a day or two I’ll try your suggestions and come back it it still isn’t working. It’s a week or two until I will need to be able to notarise this project so plenty of time to resolve the issue.

If I get any more ideas, I’ll let you know.

I tried reselecting Xcode and that didn’t cure it, and installed Xcode 12.5 beta 3 and am still getting “failed Could not find or load main class Drive.Moved” on upload to Apple.
I’ll try again tomorrow.