Not Optimized : OFF TOPIC

Ok… don’t shoot me for asking this here, but so many of you are using XOJO iOS that perhaps somebody might know the answer to this question, even though it is not XOJO related, it is iOS related.

I created an app in SWIFT (like I said, don’t shoot me)… .and all went well… UNTIL I tried to send it to MAS …

It keeps saying “Your application is not optimized for iPhone 5”… I have added and deleted every freaking combination of launch images I can think of, and have spent almost SIX hours just trying to get a valid archive…

Is there anyone that might help me with this? I have read every web article that comes up, and nothing seems to work. I can’t believe that this should be so difficult… It barely took me 6 hours to write and debug the app :slight_smile:

But I’m “assuming” that this part of deployemnet is the same for both SWIFT and XOJO?

FYI… I have deployed it to my own iPad (ios7) … which took just a few minutes after I got my developer account configured… so I thought going to MAS would be just as easy.

[quote=183167:@Dave S]Ok… don’t shoot me for asking this here, but so many of you are using XOJO iOS that perhaps somebody might know the answer to this question, even though it is not XOJO related, it is iOS related.

I created an app in SWIFT (like I said, don’t shoot me)… .and all went well… UNTIL I tried to send it to MAS …

It keeps saying “Your application is not optimized for iPhone 5”… I have added and deleted every freaking combination of launch images I can think of, and have spent almost SIX hours just trying to get a valid archive…

Is there anyone that might help me with this? I have read every web article that comes up, and nothing seems to work. I can’t believe that this should be so difficult… It barely took me 6 hours to write and debug the app :slight_smile:

But I’m “assuming” that this part of deployemnet is the same for both SWIFT and XOJO?

FYI… I have deployed it to my own iPad (ios7) … which took just a few minutes after I got my developer account configured… so I thought going to MAS would be just as easy.[/quote]

I do not recall reading anything like that in the Xojo forums. I suppose you have searched the Apple Dev forums, and even asked there.

Nothing is ever easy in an AS…

This is horrible.
I finally got past that problem… and iTunes Connect started to save. that was 9 hours ago… when I woke up this morning it was STILL saving… I shut the whole thing down… and will try starting over.

[quote=183230:@Dave S]This is horrible.
I finally got past that problem… and iTunes Connect started to save. that was 9 hours ago… when I woke up this morning it was STILL saving… I shut the whole thing down… and will try starting over.[/quote]
If you continue to have issues, do a Clean from the Product menu and rebuild - one of many Xcode rituals I’ve picked up as a habit over the years.

The issue was and iOS7 build requires launch images (iOS8 only builds do not, and use a Launch.XIB instead)…
For some reason the “use asset catalog” option was confused… I had to reselect it , and point it right back where it had been and it all worked.

But I can tell you… “iTunes Connect” has now become one of my FAVORITE apps" [not] :slight_smile:

I restarted iTunes Connect, had to re-enter about 1/2 the information again, and THIS time I got to “awaiting review” !!!

anyone have experience with approx time for a review to occur?

It varies, increasing slightly lately, probably due to the Watch. It’s about 9 days at the moment.

I am currently on the 10th day, still waiting.

well 2nd app went into MAS review more smoothly than the first, so I guess I learned some of the tricks :slight_smile:

2 weeks ago, I’ve uploaded an update and got a review within couple of hours… couldn’t believe this myself!
Shortly after this I’ve updated another App and waited 5 days long…

[quote=183339:@Tomas Jakobs]2 weeks ago, I’ve uploaded an update and got a review within couple of hours… couldn’t believe this myself!
Shortly after this I’ve updated another App and waited 5 days long…[/quote]

I noticed the same kind of thing with Check Writer. Could be that the reviewer knowing the app approves it immediately, or after a very light evaluation. While a new app receives probably more scrutiny.