Not able to move certain object in designer

I’m creating a desktop app using Xojo 2014r1.1 and I’ve noticed that once I add certain objects to my form I cannot move them with the mouse. Two such examples are the line and PagePanel objects. I can change the position coordinates manually but I cannot move them with the mouse. If I click on the PagePanel it highlights as expected and I can resize using the four blue dots but I cannot grab and move it. With the line I cannot even select it on the form, I have to click it in the navigator and even then it never highlights. It makes it extremely difficult to work with these objects. Other types of objects such as buttons and textboxes work just fine.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Once you’ve selected the object the arrow keys will move it around. Lines are notorious for being difficult to move. Not see the page panel issue before but for whatever reason I haven’t used many recently.

Hi Bob. That does provide a way to move it. Is there a way to move an object from the form itself to a page on the PagePanel if I cannot drag it there?

Put your controls on a container and then the container on one page of the page panel. This will make your life so much easier when you have more controls.

@Beatrix Willius

I certainly don’t disagree with you but I’d still like to be able to move the controls around with the mouse. I think this is an issue that they should look into.

Make sure you’ve entered Feedback reports for this. The forums is not an official feedback channel.