No Xojo Meetups

Meetup.com doesn’t make it easy to see their costs up front. At least I couldn’t find it.

If I remember correctly, it was $12/month but that includes 3 groups. If Xojo Corp would cover the costs, I’d be interested in posting for the Atlanta Xojo Users Group for one of those 3 groups. It would be interesting to see if that would grow our group from about 5 attendees per month. It might help get some other Xojo User Groups to be more active.

[quote=216699:@Kevin Cully]Meetup.com doesn’t make it easy to see their costs up front. At least I couldn’t find it.

If I remember correctly, it was $12/month but that includes 3 groups. If Xojo Corp would cover the costs, I’d be interested in posting for the Atlanta Xojo Users Group for one of those 3 groups. It would be interesting to see if that would grow our group from about 5 attendees per month. It might help get some other Xojo User Groups to be more active.[/quote]

Whats the advantage of posting it on meetup vs here ?

As I understand it, as soon as you schedule a meetup, they bombard their members with email promoting it.

I guess my question should be rephrased as :
If it were posted here in events how many members of meetup are ONLY on meetup and not on the forums ?

my suspicion would be you’re targetting most of the same people in either case
But I could be wrong

doesn’t meetup.com supply video chat room webpages as part of that $12 month?
seems my wife looked into that when she was on the board of directors for an internations special interest group
but they went with “google groups” I think

Well, what if meetup sent email invites to a thousand non-Xojo coders in Atlanta. JavaScript people, Xcode people, Xamarin people, PhoneGap people, etc. It might deliver good bang for the marketing buck. Some are sure to turn out if the presentation is compelling.

Speak of the devil… I just got an email from Meetup.com promoting an event at the Florida Vocational Institute titled: “Learn Basic Coding with Javascript and jQuery!” I joined a few tech groups last week, and now that they know I am a techie, it looks like they will be sending me these announcements. Looks like a very effective marketing method that Xojo Inc. should test.

The advantage is that meetup would reach people that isn’t naturally part of the ‘Xojo World’.

As an example of ‘reaching new developers’, I attend the Atlanta PostgreSQL Users Group (AKA PostgreSQL and Pizza) and I know many new people stop by every month to check out their user group. Not everyone returns, but it does get the word out to developers that otherwise wouldn’t even know that Xojo exists.