no paypal???

Gee, I’d really like to buy an update, but I don’t have a credit card anymore, and Xojo doesn’t allow paypal. Way to limit your customers, folks. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I think, if you email customer support they may be able to help you with that :slight_smile:

Please email hello@xojo.com.

I have emailed them from their contact page. If that fails, I’ll try your suggestions. Thanks guys. Sorry for the P.O’d post. I was feeling left out. LOL

From the Store page:

Can I purchase Xojo with PayPal? Yes, to purchase Xojo via PayPal, email Customer Service [hello@xojo.com] with your username and the Xojo license you wish to purchase or renew.

My guess is that by limiting the PayPal use, they can make sure that the license is bought by a registered developer. I read reports from XDC and several people describe the event as a family reunion. You can only have that kind of relationship if you know your users. In an age of only wanting to make a quick sale this is really appreciated. They really want to know their users and help them in any way they can.

Really no credit card?
Not even a prepaid one?
No wife with a credit card?

it’s really strange to believe that.

[quote=386292:@Christian Schmitz]Really no credit card?
Not even a prepaid one?

it’s really strange to believe that.[/quote]
Some of us have all of those, and a Paypal account as well. where PP is used for comparmetized transactions (for me it is the income from software sales, and the expenses for software related expenses). It makes it much easier at Tax time to determine the profit, income and expenses that need to be reported

You don’t have to get an actual, separate credit card - I’ve never had any problems with just a regular, flat debit card I got free with my bank account.

[quote=386292:@Christian Schmitz]Really no credit card?
Not even a prepaid one?

it’s really strange to believe that.[/quote]
Yeah, guess what? Some of us actually hate credit cards. Some of us live on a fixed income. Your attitude is not appreciated.

[quote=386291:@Alberto De Poo]From the Store page:

Can I purchase Xojo with PayPal? Yes, to purchase Xojo via PayPal, email Customer Service [hello@xojo.com] with your username and the Xojo license you wish to purchase or renew.

My guess is that by limiting the PayPal use, they can make sure that the license is bought by a registered developer. I read reports from XDC and several people describe the event as a family reunion. You can only have that kind of relationship if you know your users. In an age of only wanting to make a quick sale this is really appreciated. They really want to know their users and help them in any way they can.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. Seems self-defeating to “make sure that the license is bought by a registered developer”. I’m an amateur. I develop to accommodate my own needs and the needs of family/friends…and never for profit. I have absolutely no interest in attending conventions or the like. If what you’re saying is actually the case, then this is nothing short of an elitist attitude. My money is just as good as anybody else’s. Argh.

You’re the one who came roaring in with an attitude. It’s only reasonable that you’ll get some attitude back.

So…I guess I deserve to be snobbed then? I would hardly call my opening post “roaring”. In fact it includes a sense of humor…hence “so long and thanks for all the fish”. If you don’t get the reference, so be it.

Really? How do you go about doing that?

Sorry if my comment offended you. English is not my first language. In short:

• they do have a PayPal option, you just need to email them some info
  • I can’t afford going to XDC (maybe I can’t renew my license), that doesn’t mean that all I read were good comments from those who were at XDC
  • yes, I think Xojo is missing some sales by not having a “Buy Now” PayPal button, some people don’t want to register to buy something, but that’s how they work, love it or hate it, is up to you

[quote=386305:@Alberto De Poo]Sorry if my comment offended you. English is not my first language. In short:

• they do have a PayPal option, you just need to email them some info
  • I can’t afford going to XDC (maybe I can’t renew my license), that doesn’t mean that all I read were good comments from those who were at XDC
  • yes, I think Xojo is missing some sales by not having a “Buy Now” PayPal button, some people don’t want to register to buy something, but that’s how they work, love it or hate it, is up to you[/quote]
    Point taken.

Yup. Come in with an attitude, get attitude.

Argh.

Just give your debit card number and CVV as credit card number. I’ve only come across two companies that denied that type of card and Xojo isn’t one of them.

I mailed them early on Saturday to try to use Paypal to use the offer but got no response. I would really like to get response since this offer is supposed to expire on monday ? I do not know if the mail is going in spam or what but please contact me.

Due to the sale we have a high volume of emails and we are getting through them as quickly as we can. You will get the sale price regardless, since you wrote us before it ended.