no news on the native support of IOS ????

Just say you do not have enough composure to patiently wait. Unless you are using the royal ‘we’ ?

Do you really think your cries will bring the project along faster ? LOL.

[quote=75001:@Jury Buono]
from 2012 to the end of 2014 …
at this point anything can be the opposite of everything
we are waiting too long.[/quote]

Well, moaning about it will not make it appear faster.
Its end of 2014 so just wait for it or use something else. Period.

Obviously these two are not parents :slight_smile:
If they were they would know that throwing a tantrum does not mean that Mom will give them a cookie any faster (if at all)

Look at past and decide what to do accordingly.

I no not want to be pessimistic, but december 2014 ? No ! I can’t believe that !

Fortunately (I am not sure on that one), I am not awaiting iOS at all.

Strange how fast time goes by. 2010 Apple allowed other developer tools. 2012 we saw first iOS app in a keynote and now 2014 it may get real in summer :slight_smile:

This belief has a name - the mythical man month
More people does not make it happen faster

So when Apple decided to develop iOS, they put one man in a cubicle and told him: “Let us know when you finish, so that Steve can announce it on stage”? Of course more people make it faster.

One who also had a very good feel for Xojo since he worked for REAL Software for a number of years (and was very helpful on the NUG!!!). I was disappointed when I heard he left RS.

They needed someone who understood Xojo/RS/RB to design a framework that made sense for RS/Xojo. Joe Strout is uniquely qualified in that…

And more people does not necessarily make things faster, particularly for something totally new.

would have been better not to say that xojo / realstudio would have native compatibility with ios

If you write Xojo apps for business on the desktop, your customers may have already appreciated for the last two years to have an additional web app. Now we can in summer add a native iOS app to that mix.

This way Xojo developers can provide integrated apps for desktop, web and mobile. That’s cool and a good selling point if you provide software development to businesses.

(And Xojo for iOS is unlikely to be the new way to write games for iOS)

Bingo, we have a winner! I’ve been involved with 2 companies that went through that. In both cases, in the end the customers and the employees were not happy and the product suffered over the long-term. Bring in VC money and the mission changes completely. Can’t blame them, they have shareholders to please, but long-term you will not like what it does to your beloved development tool.

The VC/PE topic is certainly much more complex and impactful than any post on here suggests. Personally i have lived this and for example if Xojo did the traditional VC/PE path it most likely would NOT lead to improved delivery times. Organic growth is the only way to keep the Xojo Culture in tact which produces the product that we use and love today.

The solution is simple. By my calculations, there are 3 developers working on it now and it will take about another 9 months (let’s say). So all Xojo has to do is to hire 24 more developers for a total of 27, and it will be ready in 1 month.

Math solves everything.

[quote=75102:@Kem Tekinay]The solution is simple. By my calculations, there are 3 developers working on it now and it will take about another 9 months (let’s say). So all Xojo has to do is to hire 24 more developers for a total of 27, and it will be ready in 1 month.

Math solves everything.[/quote]
Maybe they could open source it and let all of us work on it… it should only take a couple of days with so many people…and once we finish it they can close source it again. So easy!

Yeah !

I can’t see anything wrong with that plan.

Well lets get 800 developers and be done in a day !

Maybe if Norman spent less time on here it would be done sooner…

[quote=74995:@Vincent Verweij]There’s so much venture capital out there, mobile is hot. Xojo could have looked for investors to raise the money needed to hire a crew of capable engineers and finish the job in two years max.
[/quote]

Probably the most valuable part (aside from the 10 other most valuable parts) of going to the conference was just getting a few minutes in the hall to hear Geoff retell his story about this business. You’d get a sense of the silliness of the VC recommendation. The most important thing about RS/Xojo as a long time “market partner” is that they build their product to last and have had staying power as a company. Control over their own destiny is the most important part of that equation.

Careful what you wish for …. you just might get it