Nice new fancy forum

Yeah, that doesn’t work here (Safari/Mojave).

Click the hamburger menu beside your avatar
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.27.48 PM

At the bottom is “Keyboard Shortcuts”
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.27.53 PM

Norm,
does that hamburger come on a Sesame Seed Bun? :yum:

:star_struck:

2 Likes

Well, if I want my data to spread as less as possible, I limit the number of websites I use (and that’s even still too much…).
I think it’s beside the point, though. It’s about “why can’t we define a “local” avatar in this forum?”. I mean, what prevents this?

The ability to upload your own avatar to this forum has been enabled. You can do it now in your account preferences.

4 Likes

Very nice, thanks :smile:

I resisted the temptation to post a picture of me at age 6.

Now if we had a reaction plugin instead of just the “love it reaction” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d really like a downvote plugin. It’s too easy for bad answers to linger, only to harm future users.

1 Like

Please no :grimacing:

I think that would hinder some from participating

I dont know if a reaction plugin would server that purpose or not
It might since you could see how many thumbs up vs thumbs down there were

:man_shrugging:

Time for Norm to run a new poll on here :skier:

HA !

• Time for a poll
  • Its not
  • Myeh whatever

0 voters

1 Like

Sorry, but I just hate this new forum layout, honestly the old one was much simpler, straight to the point and no frills, I know that many will criticize me for it but it is my opinion !

2 Likes

Yeah, this one is very noisy. I’m sure we’ll get used to it - what choice do we have - but I don’t really like how it handles most things. Markdown support is nice. Um… we have syntax coloring now I guess, even if the colors aren’t great. I don’t really disklike Discourse, but I don’t like it either.

1 Like

I will never understand why a thing changes radically instead of just improving what already exists little by little.

Because esoTalk wasn’t getting updated. You could already see the effects of this when clicking the old header and it not returning you to the previous page due to browser security changes. It’s not good to rely on end-of-life software, and esoTalk was not going to be getting updates.

1 Like

Because it was time for it to go, it was the weakest link
:stuck_out_tongue:

I feel you there. And when I log into gravatar I have a crap-load of associations I can make…

I’m one of these unfortunate souls with 100s of email addresses (basically a catch all system). Anytime I sign up to anything I always assign a unique address, and then i start getting spam I know where it came from.

Answering those emails (that are sent to me using the catch all) are easy enough, sometimes if I have to use one of them as a sender it can be a tad more difficult as each one isn’t set up as a senders address. That sends me down the past of the other party having both my catchall and real address…

But it’s served me well the last decade or so.

1 Like

My biggest complain about this new forum software is that all my bookmarks are gone, this means that the forum has lost its value for referencing the information.
Further i dislike the winegums in the list of subjects, they are realy distracting from the subject title and make them harder to read and skim over fast. Also i dislike the seperate line with the colored group indication limiting the number of visible lines.
Also the one minute wait to mark a subject read is very disturbing and prevents a fast wading through the subjects.
Also the new bookmark method to mark the FIRST message makes the use of it useless the more replies a subject has, IMO you should be able to bookmark the replies in which you are interested.