Nice new fancy forum

Feels like far less information density to me. Even with text size set to “smallest” I think I’m not seeing nearly as many topics per screen page as previously.

Also, why aren’t emojis enabled??

1 Like

Emojis should work. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah @Dana_Brown, why no emojis?! :grinning: :smiley: :smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :wink:

3 Likes

What I miss is the page-back arrow. I know my browser has one but feel more in control if the website itself takes control

Why is my name @Marcel_Zimmer2? :skull:
Some master data - problems?

re: Why is my name
forum-showing-full-name-not-good

1 Like

Thanks. But the topic is closed. :frowning:

Message @Dana_Brown for help with your username. The instructions were lost in the replies.

2 Likes

Try typing ? to see a popup of keyboard shortcuts. Then notice that just typing “u” (as in up) goes back. So instead of clicking the back arrow like the old forums, simply type u. Lots of other useful keyboard shortcuts too. Try ? for list.

1 Like

back space should work too but seems that is a shortcut from my browser.
i just looked at the keyboard shortcuts after pressed “?”

Yeah, that doesn’t work here (Safari/Mojave).

Click the hamburger menu beside your avatar
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.27.48 PM

At the bottom is “Keyboard Shortcuts”
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.27.53 PM

Norm,
does that hamburger come on a Sesame Seed Bun? :yum:

:star_struck:

2 Likes

Well, if I want my data to spread as less as possible, I limit the number of websites I use (and that’s even still too much…).
I think it’s beside the point, though. It’s about “why can’t we define a “local” avatar in this forum?”. I mean, what prevents this?

The ability to upload your own avatar to this forum has been enabled. You can do it now in your account preferences.

4 Likes

Very nice, thanks :smile:

I resisted the temptation to post a picture of me at age 6.

Now if we had a reaction plugin instead of just the “love it reaction” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d really like a downvote plugin. It’s too easy for bad answers to linger, only to harm future users.

1 Like

Please no :grimacing:

I think that would hinder some from participating