New website

New Xojo.com Waw … Congratulations guys.

I visited the new website this morning and it looks great :smiley:

+1
Now, we want that in our web apps. :wink:

Has anybody looked at it on the iPhone? Perhaps my connectivity is abysmal but the load time on the images makes it almost unusable

Clearly made with https://blocsapp.com
By pretty far the best and easy website builder for creating awesome websites. All my websites are build with Blocs.

I was just about to say that it was not made with Xojo web … :wink:

Not bad, but it should be tablet/mobile ready in these times. On my iPad some pages do not look very nice:

Some improvement suggestions (most of them are just because I’m a UI perfection freak)

1. In Buy, each ad box should align, like in the browser on the desktop.
  2. In Buy, the ‘/yr’ next to $1,599 should fit in the box.
  3. In Buy, same with the combo box in ‘Lite’, it does not fit correctly.
  4. Navigation menu acts strange e.g. on the Download page, tap ‘Main Menu’, then ‘Download Menu’. Unless you tap the Download Menu button again, you are kind of stuck (tapping ‘Main Menu’ does nothing).
  5. The dropdown in the navigation menu should somehow indicate there is more. Unless one accidentally scrolls in the dropdown, I could not tell ‘Products’ was not the final entry.
  6. On the Resources page, the ‘Programming Textbook’ is misaligned (floats somewhere in the middle).
  7. On the products page, icons and text are not aligned correctly in the left side menu.

My 2 cents…

I like the new site, well done whoever did that.

I was putting my response into a feedback (when I lost the ticket), no idea if Xojo will pull the suggestions off here, here’s mine anyway.

There is a TTFB of >1.2s on /store/ which is pretty jarring.

This is a desktop chrome emulated view of what I see on my phone. The top nav is too wide so it drops onto the next line. This causes loss of content behind the top nav and the introduction of a horizontal scrollbar.

this is what it look like on my iPad mini

Quality control beats fancy anytime.

The time to draw something (beside the 2D rubik’s kube) is so long that I closed the window (MacBook Pro).

Edit: As usual, when I checked, the real site comes after two or three seconds…

[quote=332384:@Emile Schwarz]The time to draw something (beside the 2D rubik’s kube) is so long that I closed the window (MacBook Pro).

Edit: As usual, when I checked, the real site comes after two or three seconds…[/quote]

The first time it took nearly 30 seconds. Like you I aborted.

The second time is faster because your computer caches.

The new website is waaayyyyy to slow.

The users from the Xojo conference pictures sure look different from the person in the new website (snicker…).

For fun I had a look at the new website with https://tools.pingdom.com/ . 3.4 MB is rather a lot for a simple website. Combined with 86 requests this gives a performance grade D.

[quote=332446:@Beatrix Willius]The new website is waaayyyyy to slow.

The users from the Xojo conference pictures sure look different from the person in the new website (snicker…).[/quote]

From Europe and Australia it’s an E.

And he’s not programming, he’s procrastinating :wink:

Beside the front page (with a simple / large button), is there’s something new ?

Ones it is loaded, it is pretty fast, even on very slow systems. Clearing the caches, the Xojo website takes less then 3 seconds to load.
Anyhow, all Bootstrap websites (nowadays a LOT of websites use this) do need to load some scripts before it is shown. But with current fast internet access it shouldn’t take more then 3-5 seconds or so. But they could optimise some pictures (read: use higher compression rate= smaller file sizes).

No, it started again to wait when I tried to access there seconds ago !

Boooo (the baby is crying)…

Fast access on the cable… Smartphones are another story …

I don’t know, I’m not having any speed issues on my iPhone.