New release 2018R1.1

Yesterday we got the new release. Xojo 2018R1 + 1.1 was a big and long expected version. Thanks to the team who has done all the work to get to this point.
But, as it solves problems, it also created new problems. I took every advice to make it 2018R1 proof, but this seems to be the max.

are these container controls in a scrolling canvas ?

what the… Now we are back to flickering?

Post the code.

[quote=388968:@Joost Rongen]Yesterday we got the new release. Xojo 2018R1 + 1.1 was a big and long expected version. Thanks to the team who has done all the work to get to this point.
But, as it solves problems, it also created new problems. I took every advice to make it 2018R1 proof, but this seems to be the max.[/quote]

Does this sort of problem also happen on Windows when running a Xojo Web app?

Try to find the time to isolate a small shareable project which reproduces the issue.

Don’t think so, but you definitely need to check you’re webapps with the latest version.

[quote=388968:@Joost Rongen]Yesterday we got the new release. Xojo 2018R1 + 1.1 was a big and long expected version. Thanks to the team who has done all the work to get to this point.
But, as it solves problems, it also created new problems. I took every advice to make it 2018R1 proof, but this seems to be the max.[/quote]
Same on windows 7 32bit

I tested 32-bit as well as 64-bit (all modes) on Windows 10 and Windows 7, virtual and native. It just cannot be send to a end user since they will not accept the degeneration of the user-experience.

1.1 is definitve slower than 1.0, when it comes to drawing (non-overlapping) controls on Windows… :frowning:

When what I see in Joost Rongen screencapture is really true, then I can no longer use Xojo for application development despite the ideas I had.

I am very sorry for this. I had high expectations that the flickering on Windows should be reduced and a short moment I taught they had. However when I see these results, I cannot justify this behaviour any longer to my companions.

This pains me a lot because I like to work in Xojo very much. However in case of version 1.1, it does no longer meet our quality standards.

Terribly sorry for this, it really ruined my day already.

Chris

Even a simple dragreorder of a listbox is flickering:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jkkM-fS6yGL9QccbjQ1WTzAzldN2pchw

Windows Xojo2018r1.1

<https://xojo.com/issue/52289>

And the dropindicator seems to have the offset of the listbox’s left value

<https://xojo.com/issue/52213>

Joost:

Can you append 2018r1.1 to conversation name, please.

Current release will be different when a new release will be out and will no more correspond (probably) to what you mean today (as of May 2018.

TIA.

Hello @Stefan Adelsberger,

not seeing the Listbox flicker here on my PC nor on my Windows VM on my Mac.

OK. I don’t have HiDPI / Rentina Monitors here. - both my Desktop-PC Monitor nor my MacBook Pro Monitor are HiDPI / Retina.
(Macbook is still a 2010 Model).
Perhaps the Flickering is specific to HiDPi / Rettina Monitors?

[quote=389022:@RenLandscheidt]Hello @StefanAdelsberger,

OK. I don’t have HiDPI / Rentina Monitors here. - both my Desktop-PC Monitor nor my MacBook Pro Monitor are HiDPI / Retina.
Perhaps the Flickering is specific to HiDPi / Rettina Monitors?[/quote]

I have 2 monitors.
One HiDPI and a “normal” one but on both monitors the flickering is appearing.

[quote=389022:@RenLandscheidt]Hello @StefanAdelsberger,

Perhaps the Flickering is specific to HiDPi / Rettina Monitors?[/quote]
Xojo 2018 R2 ? :slight_smile:

@Joost Rongen Is there a feedback ticket to sign onto?

Not yet … is it a bug, or behavior by design.

It’s things Xojo knows about and at XDC they told us that they have some ideas to improve the situation.
Wait for 2018r2 I guess. Things should improve in future releases.

I have the same problem as Joost with containers placed on a scrolling canvas. Is there a feedback for it? I couldn’t find it.