new iTouch vs iPhone

[quote=438792:@Dave S]iOS 13 Compatible iPhones
[/quote]
Interesting that the list left off the SE. It’s also set to be compatible with iOS 13 (and the same small size as the 5S).

true as it seems the cut-off is A9 cpu and above… which the SE has

Definitely need a SIM card to activate the phone for the first time but after that, you can remove the SIM. The last time i just pop in my SIM from my existing phone to go through the set up process then remove. Works great after that.

The SIM doesn’t necessarily need to be an active one at that.

[quote=438806:@Edwin Lau]Definitely need a SIM card to activate the phone for the first time but after that, you can remove the SIM. The last time i just pop in my SIM from my existing phone to go through the set up process then remove. Works great after that.

The SIM doesn’t necessarily need to be an active one at that.[/quote]

actually from what I have found today… that is ONLY true if the iPhone is LOCKED, and then the SIM you use must be from the same carrier. An UNLOCKED phone can be activated (for WiFi only) using iTunes

[quote=438783:@Ivan Tellez]it is apple, a 2 year device is legacy and worthless for them.

The iPhone7 is allready unable to install the latest IOS. For develop, better to search for a used but more recent model.[/quote]

Don’t troll. It reflects badly on you.

That what you say is completely incorrect goes without saying.

A prepaid phone is probably the way to go. I got my iPhone SE from Best Best for $150 IIRC. Already had Cricket so I just popped in my sim and activated it that way. If you don’t have a sim you could always get a sim and a month of service. I think Simple Mobile does a $25 card that would work. I think cricket might have a similar plan for $25. Used to be $30, but I think they have gone down on their plans since I moved my service to them.

I have yet to find anyone that offers a plan where you can buy X minutes that dont’ expire… almost everyone has a basic month to month plan…

I just pulled the trigger on a refurb unlocked GSM iPhone7 for $234 on eBay…

check with @Kevin Cully. He uses a carrier (or did?) that did that or something similar to it. His bill was relatively nothing per month. I dont remember the carrier or details (we talked about it over Tacos and the Tacos took the brain cells).