New Error with Xojo 2013r4.1

I recently released a new version of my software compiled with Xojo 2013r4.1 and got some error reports from users.

The initial error reports “The Procedure Entry Point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the DLL Kernel32.dll”

When they click OK, the system says “Failed to locate Framework DLL”

This is occurring on Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista PCs.

As a test, I compiled the current version with Xojo 2013r3.3 and there were no errors found - the ONLY difference is that the executable compiled with 2013r4.1 won’t run and the executable compiled with 2013r3.3 runs without issue.

The only clue I have is that 2013r4.1 includes msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll in the Libs folder and that 2013r3.3 does not incl;ude those files in the Libs folder.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Bower
Ellicott City, MD

you need SP3 for Windows XP to get this entry point.

But, if my program does not need this information, why must it be forced on the users ?

Is there any way to get them the DLL they need ?

Sorry, but this just does not make sense to me. What was added to 2013r4.1 that requires this function ?

http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/System_requirements
SP3 at this point should really not be an issue to install since XP support dies in a matter of months

Why don’t you simply compile with 3.3 ?

[quote=67144:@Ron Bower]But, if my program does not need this information, why must it be forced on the users ?
[/quote]
XP is going to be out of support ?

[quote=67144:@Ron Bower]Is there any way to get them the DLL they need ?
[/quote]
update to xp sp 3 which has been out for ages ?
other than that no - build with 3.3 which had slightly lower requirements (XP SP2)

Changes in the framework that meant we had to require XP SP3
2014r1 definitely will have at least the same minimum

Thanks for all the replies… For the near future, I will just compile two versions.

I ran XP for a long time and the machine would never complete an upgrade past SP2. I have no idea why, but it would never complete. I’m certain others have the same issues.