New App Certificates?

Hi,
I have an app currently in the MAS, and would now like to start on a second app.

Could someone please advise me what certificates I need to get for this new app.
Do I need to create a new App ID certificate for this app?
Do I need a to create a new Provisioning Profile certificate for this app?
Do I need to create any other certificates for this app?

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

You can use the same Apple Store certificate for as many apps as you want. Only note: they expire in one year, so you need to create a new one yearly, plus you need a different, separate certificate if you wish to digitally sign your apps for a web site — you can’t use your MAS certificate for that.

Where is it said ? The signature is valid whatever the distribution method.

So if I can use the same certificate for all apps, why did I originally need to create an App ID app for my first app?
I would have thought I would have at least needed to create a new one of those?

Strange.

[quote=145554:@Richard Summers]So if I can use the same certificate for all apps, why did I originally need to create an App ID app for my first app?
I would have thought I would have at least needed to create a new one of those?
[/quote]

You need to create a new app ID at https://developer.apple.com/account/mac/identifiers/bundle/bundleCreate.action for every app, but not a new certificate.

Ahhhhh - thank you Michel!
So a new App ID is all I need to create, and I need to ensure that the description of that ID matches the BundleID in my project file?

Hopefully that is now correct.

Thanks.

Ok - I am now little bit perplexed.

I want to codesign and sandbox a new app I have made (not going to be sold on the MAS), so that the app’s Application Support folder is located in the Users / Richard / Library / Containers / com.blahblah.myNewApp

Do I need to create a new app ID on the developer site for this?
Can someone please advise me of the steps I need to take, in order to get my app’s support folder in that directory, as opposed to the usual location?

Thank you all in advance.

You only need your new App ID once you’re going to upload it to Apple for review.
You can sign and sanbox your app with your developer ID.

I tried that Tim, but my app’s Application Support folder was still created in the usual location, as opposed to the Library/Containers directory. That’s why I presumed I needed to do something else.

It will automagically happen once sandboxed. Keep in mind com.blahblah.myNewApp is your application’s bundle identifier, which should be always different for every app you create.