Need the folder path the app is being ran from

I am using Smart Packer, the 3rd party software Xojo sells under add-ons. It creates a virtual file system which lives under the temporary folder for Windows.

I don’t see a way to pull the folder path the running Xojo app was launched from. I am trying to overcome issues with the virtual file system not allowing shell access and the author suggested that I add something to Windows Environmental path during the app’s runtime.

There seems to be a folder named $FOLDER inside the virtual file system that needs to be added to the environmental path.

But first I have to figure out the path the app was launched from. I see special.folders such as home, temporary etc for many things but not one that fits this.

I believe that Smart Packer is for packing your app and all the separate dll’s etc into one “executable” you can distribute instead of using an installer

The path to the app itself is normally app.executablefile
The path to the containing dir is normally app.executablefile.parent

But since Smart Packer virtualizes all this they may not work as expected

[quote=341008:@Norman Palardy]I believe that Smart Packer is for packing your app and all the separate dll’s etc into one “executable” you can distribute instead of using an installer

The path to the app itself is normally app.executablefile
The path to the containing dir is normally app.executablefile.parent

But since Smart Packer virtualizes all this they may not work as expected[/quote]

Norman, that did tell me the path, I can not browse it but I think that’s part of the security but at least the path can be known. I will open another thread about adding to the environmental path. Thanks!