Need help in Spanish forum

Hi,

If there is anyone that understands Spanish enough to follow a thread and reply, or maybe reply in English even, I would ask you to please have a look at this thread and reply to the OP: https://forum.xojo.com/14276-proyecto-de-varias-partes/last

He is not satisfied by Xojo WE and I believe he hasn’t given it a chance for long enough to appreciate it.

What worries me is not this single guy, but the fact that the Spanish forum is not very active and any thread like this one, in which a guy complains about Xojo probably because he is used to some other way of doing things or because he hasn’t invested the time to know the product, can have a negative impact on potential Xojoers that can only read Spanish.

I will reply too, but I am not knowledgeable enough to give a sound reply to all his comments.

Thank you,

Julen

well, my spanglish is not great , but it seems he wants the new office menu ? interface de cinta??

its not free but 59euro is not too bad i think

not sure about the rest though.

From what I read this guy has a typical ‘entitled’ mentality and he does not seem ready to make much effort to learn or to adapt. In English or in Spanish, he comes out as a fairly unpleasant individual.

I will try to assist, but frankly, he is the type that does not even have enough manners to say Gracias. Not very enticing. Would not be surprised if he disappeared sooner than later.

I think its fair to expect that people will want something for nothing. I don’t think we should be too down on someones posts for being abrupt. if i remember my spanish lessons (and i’m more than willing to admit, its a long time ago) its quite normal not to go around saying please and thankyou at every turn.

I do not think that individual can be helped. He is beyond redemption. Nothing good can come from this. I have muted the thread.

First, I would like to add to my first post that Amando participated in the conversation too, I didn’t mean to present myself as the lonely rider of the Spanish forum.

I agree, but as I said, that thread will be read by other people, and it would be much better if those potential xojo users get a good impression of the product and realize in this case the problem is the developer, not the product.

Thanks for your help.

Julen

[quote=117225:@Julen Ibarretxe Uriguen]First, I would like to add to my first post that Amando participated in the conversation too, I didn’t mean to present myself as the lonely rider of the Spanish forum.

I agree, but as I said, that thread will be read by other people, and it would be much better if those potential xojo users get a good impression of the product and realize in this case the problem is the developer, not the product.

Thanks for your help.

Julen[/quote]

I totally agree with Michel where a user is claiming help with a rude or childish attitude of forgetting at least a thank you when requesting help from other users with such attitude. Before giving us the choice of helping he is more worried about Xojo price that listening to advice and is pointing at least twice to get a refund. And I’ve muted the conversation as well as I don’t like that kind of users. Bad manners are bad manners in every language, despite Xojo price.

Besides, that guy is a liar. If he really had purchased the pro package, it would appear above his posts. And he is verified. So the conclusion is that he acquired a regular license. He looks to me like yet again some kind of cheap hobbyist who is more intent on lamenting than getting anything completed. We already have our content of such toxic individuals on the English side.

All of use have offered help, and the only response has ben yet more whining. Enough.

I agree with you, the guy is not seeking help. Still, I don’t think muting the conversation does a good service to the community and Xojo Inc., and that’s why I keep replying there.

I am not replying for him, it’s for the future others I am spending my time there.

But I respect your decision, the guy doesn’t deserve to get any more attention.

Julen

I rather mute the thread than loose my cool over it. It is less a matter of good service to the community, than preserving my personal state of mind.

[quote=117321:@Julen Ibarretxe Uriguen]I am not replying for him, it’s for the future others I am spending my time there.
[/quote]

That is courageous of yours, but you run the risk to encourage that brat demanding attitude. I feel that you would better employ your competence helping others, which may show potential Spanish speaking users how positive and friendly our community is. I have been doing that in the French channel for a while, discreetly, and am sure this accounts for a positive image. But if I was to encounter the same kind of ‘gimme all’ attitude, I would most certainly abandon him to his whining the same way. I am not here to play psychiatrist.

Sure, I understand and respect your response.