MySQLCommunityServer class not found

I am running realstudio 2012 r2 under windows 7.

The following code fails with MySQLCommunityServer class not found

Dim db as MySQLCommunityServer
  db = New MySQLCommunityServer

I have checked that the plugin file contains both MSSQLServerPlugin.rbx and MySQLCommunityPlugin.rbx files.
This code worked with the same release of rb under windows xp.
Is there anything special that you have to do when installing under windows 7?

Based on the error, it is not installed properly. Make sure you have the right instance of Real Studio and that the plugins are indeed installed in the plugins folder next to the Real Studio 2012 R2 executable. Then restart Real Studio.

Thanks, could you expand on " Make sure you have the right instance of Real Studio " please.
Are there different versions of real studio for different versions of windows?

Sorry. It’s Monday and my brain/finger combination isn’t working well…

When I look in my Real Studio folder in Windows, there’s a different folder for each version for Real Studio (2010, 2011, 2012, etc). The plugins folder has be next to the Real Studio executable that’s actually being run.

So if you are running Real Studio 2012 R2.1 you need to make sure that the database plugins are installed in the Plugins folder right next to the Real Studio executable.

Bob, If I go into the Real Studio executable file right next to the Plugins folder and run it as administrator all works OK.
If I simple just click on the Real Studio executable to run it, then I get the above problem!!

I am not a Windows expert. I think one of the Xojo folks is going to have to step in.

[quote=32474:@David Simpson]Bob, If I go into the Real Studio executable file right next to the Plugins folder and run it as administrator all works OK.
If I simple just click on the Real Studio executable to run it, then I get the above problem!![/quote]
Is is possible that the Plugins folder does not have read access for the user?

The Plugins folder does have read access, list and exectute for the user, but you still have to “run as administror” to get round the problem.

You do not have to run Real Studio or Xojo from an administrator account (or as administrator) in order to use plugins.

I just verified that with a new Windows 7 “standard account” and was able to use MySQLCommunityServer without trouble.

So something seems wrong with your installation, permissions or something else. You might want to check the console log (use DebugView) to see if it has any helpful information.

It would appear that the problem is caused by the temp folder in appdata/local loosing its permissions.
Once these have been reset all works fine but unfortunately there is something that I run, which I have not identified yet, that turns them off again.