MySQL SSL with Cert+Key File not working in Remote Debug Sessions

<https://xojo.com/issue/43620>

I have a strange issue with using a mySQL SSL connection when i try to remote debug from OS X to a Windows 7 Machine. The Code in the Feedback Case works fine as long as i debug locally on OS X and when i build my Apps for OS X and Windows. but as soon as i try to remotely debug from OS X to a Windows 7 machine, it fails.

The strange thing is, that the Cert and Key Files can’t be delivered to the Server, but the FolderItems seen in the debugger are not NIL and existing, like they should. And they really exist in the temporary App Folder on the Windows 7 machine.

Has someone experienced the same before?

Remember that the relative paths in a debug app are sometimes different in a remote debug. Put a breakpoint where you’re assigning them and make sure they are where you and your program think they are.

The paths are fine also in the remote debug session. This is what i meant with " but the FolderItems seen in the debugger are not NIL and existing, like they should. And they really exist in the temporary App Folder on the Windows 7 machine." :slight_smile:

I am using the following Code for the FolderItems:

If TargetMacOS Then certFile = GetFolderItem(App.ExecutableFile.Parent.Parent.Child("Resources").Child("client-cert.pem").NativePath, FolderItem.PathTypeNative) Else certFile = GetFolderItem("client-cert.pem") End If

I use Copy File steps to copy the Cert + Key Files on OS X into the Resources Folder and on Windows into the Apps Folder.

um… why are you converting back and forth on the mac when you could just:

certFile = App.ExecutableFile.Parent.Parent.Child("Resources").Child("client-cert.pem")

And while this shouldn’t matter, I suggest using #If here instead of just “If”.

Do me a favor and check that:
0. certFile.isReadable is True when you reach this point. It could be that your app doesn’t have permission.
0. certFile.Length is > 0

Thank you @Greg O’Lone i was testing a few things and just took Code Snippets from the LR. But i will change my final Code and use your recommendations. :slight_smile:

Now i will check in another Remote debug session if Readable is True and the file length.

Edit: I have to test it tomorrow on my Remote Machine… :wink:

[quote=262842:@Greg O’Lone]Do me a favor and check that:

certFile.isReadable is True when you reach this point. It could be that your app doesn’t have permission.
certFile.Length is > 0[/quote]

Done and Yes and it’s > 0:

I assume it again because my User Folder Name contains an “ü”. We already have an issue regarding such a Path in the FR App itself. :wink:

Also tested with local Administrator Rights. Also tried with various Remote Folders. All done with Remote Desktop Debugger 2.0.2.

[quote=262945:@Sascha S]Done and Yes and it’s > 0:

I assume it again because my User Folder Name contains an “ü”. We already have an issue regarding such a Path in the FR App itself. ;)[/quote]
Ah yes. That would not surprise me.

Now i have a similar issue while Remote Debugging from OS X to Windows, with a Plugin which can’t load the a TTF Font while debugging, because of the “ü” in the Path.

Any chance this issue will be solved one day? :slight_smile: