multithreading with multiple core machines

It’s an application for in-house use in a company of three people. We all know what we’re doing.

[quote=457198:@Perry Paolantonio]I am. While MD5 is the most common request from our clients, the specification we’re complying with also supports sha1, sha256 and sha512. I haven’t tried the other algorithms yet to test for speed. Is there an equivalent to md5digest for those?

[/quote]

Xojo uses the Crypto++ Library 5.6.5 and has, MD5, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512. https://documentation.xojo.com/api/cryptography/crypto.html

There is no need of spending on “multi threaded Hash” plugins, if you are already using multiple cores with the helper apps you will have no benefit.

For bigger files, you can check GitHub - ktekinay/M_Crypto: AES, Blowfish, Bcrypt, and Scrypt for Xojo

[quote=457166:@Perry Paolantonio]The question is - how do I programmatically set up X number of shells, and then once set up, how do I reference each one?

What I’m looking to do is set up a “pool” of shells that I can call as needed until the overall job is done.[/quote]

As norman said, they are instances of a class, so you can reference them from anywhere you can store such a reference, an array, adictionary, etc.