Multi channel audio

Hi everyone!
I am developing an interactive multimedia app for Mac which must use 8-channel audio. I am new to Xojo. The Mac has an external USB 8 channel audio card (TASCAM US-16x08) connected which can be configured as an 8-channel output through the Audio Devices section of the MacOS Audio Midi Setup system preference panel. My question is 3-fold: (a) How can I send an 8-channel wav file from Xojo (I own the full MBS plugins) assigning the channels to the output, (b) How can I import that file and (c) Can I assign individual mono files for each cannel? If any of you have experience of this topic, any suggestions and help, would be greatly appreciated. I promise I will post the solution, if I’ll find one, because my searches on the topic weren’t much enlightening. Thank you!

Well, I think you may need AVAudioChannelLayoutMBS or QTAudioChannelLayoutMBS classes in MBS Xojo Plugins.

Those allow you to assign channels in source to channels in destination.

Unfortunately, this cannot be done within Xojo. The solution it was to create an 8-channel audio file (I dit it with TwistedWave) saved it in a standard format (AIFF or WAV with the 8 channels) and then play it in Xojo as a standard sound. The 8-channel file has all it is needed coded in it, so the external audio card (in my case the Tascam US-16x08) to get the right signal through the USB port and distribute it in 8 external speakers.