MSSQL

Which example needs translation?

We prefix with client name on SQLDatabase. Rest is same:

db.DatabaseName = “ODBC:”+ConnectionString

[quote=248120:@Christian Schmitz]I don’t support Edit/Update.
I don’t like the idea of this automatically writing of SQL commands by detecting primary keys.[/quote]
That’s what I was afraid of. I need to write binary data to a field in the database. The only way that I can do it is using rs.Edit / rs.Update.

For that we use prepared statements and than Bind the BLOB value to the parameter.

I agree with Christian.
I use the SQL plugin for a few weeks now and I’m very happy. Especially with the MT methods that don’t lock the main thread (UI). But: It was a lot of work to migrate from Xojo’s SQLiteDatabase class. For example RecordSet is very limited. But all problems are solved now. Thanks to Christian for the quick and excellent support!

[quote=250434:@Carsten Belling]I agree with Christian.
I use the SQL plugin for a few weeks now and I’m very happy. Especially with the MT methods that don’t lock the main thread (UI). But: It was a lot of work to migrate from Xojo’s SQLiteDatabase class. For example RecordSet is very limited. But all problems are solved now. Thanks to Christian for the quick and excellent support![/quote]

Same here since 1 or 2 Years now. Everything works like a charm from OS X and Windows 7 without having the user to install anything but my App. :slight_smile:

Where can i find the FreeDTS library for the Mac OSX??
I want the ability to connect and query the the information from a MS SQL Server.

I have a copy here:
https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/download/plugin/Libs/

thanks… already got it working… was up to 4am trying to get it working.
turn out all i need to set 1433 on the tcp/ip setup for the ms sql server

i am still using mbs sql plugin from 2014.
what enhancements on this plugin has been done since 2014??

just wonder of there is improvement on speed between the db.Connect and the r<>Nil??

If db.Connect Then
  Dim r As RecordSet = db.SQLSelect("Select Originator, Title FROM tblValItem WHERE Title LIKE '%Mother%' ORDER BY Originator")
  If r<>Nil Then