MouseCursor on Linux

Is there any limitation on Linux for custom MouseCursor characteristics? The documentation

http://developer.xojo.com/mousecursor

specifies only that on Windows MouseCursor must be 16x16 B/W, but on Linux? I’m asking since I’m remote-debugging an app on a Ubuntu 16.04 VM and the execution breaks at the statement

cursorCalib1=new MouseCursor(Calib1Cursor,13,13)

where Calib1Cursor is an ImageSet with 1x and 2x items defined. On the Mac OS all is running well…

Thanks

Franco

Hmm, answering to myself, maybe it is just a matter of HiDPI not being supported on Linux…

[quote=272646:@Franco Vaccari]Is there any limitation on Linux for custom MouseCursor characteristics? The documentation

http://developer.xojo.com/mousecursor

specifies only that on Windows MouseCursor must be 16x16 B/W, but on Linux? I’m asking since I’m remote-debugging an app on a Ubuntu 16.04 VM and the execution breaks at the statement

where Calib1Cursor is an ImageSet with 1x and 2x items defined. On the Mac OS all is running well…

Thanks

Franco[/quote]
When it breaks on that line, look in the debugger variables area for an item named Exception. That should give more info about what the problem is. You may need to look at the docs for MouseCursor to see what the error means in this situation.

Can’t get to the point of reading variables, I just receive a failed assertion. I just reported with Feedback, case 44275.

From the Feedback app:

Remote debugging from Mac OS X 10.11.5 to a Linux VM (Ubuntu 16.04), stepping onto statement

where Calib1Cursor is an ImageSet with 1x and 2x items.

The problem does not occur if I use an ImageSet with just the 1x item. Can’t check the variables to see what Exception is.

IDE Version : 2016 Release 1.1
Condition: down != nullptr
Platform: Macintosh Intel 10.111

Try Calib1Cursor being a picture not an imageset

As I drag the image (png) onto the project it appears as an ImageSet. But as long as I don’t add the 2x or 3x elements the crash does not occur.

Thats worth reporting in a bug report
That shouldn’t be the case

Should it be a report more specific than 44275? Or should I just add a small project to that?

And the problem is just with MouseCursor. I use some ImageSets in the Paint event of a Canvas, with 1x an 2x items defined, and no problem there…

just add the notes you mentioned here that ti works when there are no 2x and 3x images

Added

Added an example project too…