Most efficient way of using XojoScript to make executable files

First question is, will this break the terms and conditions for Xojo. I have heard somewhere that it does, I believe.

Second question is, what is the best way of using XojoScript to make a compiled executable or whatever the Linux and Mac equivalents are? I know I could just put an executable that has been compiled using Xojo and has been programmed as a runner in the resource fork. Is there way of only including classes that are needed within the compiled app. Please remember that I do not want to program the functionality of getting rid of stuff from within the compiled application. Is there a way I can get compile-time access or write a compiler, with the compiled application being powered by XojoScript or is that all a stretch of imagination.

Thanks

It’s a little hard to tell what you’re trying to do here, but I can fill in some of the blanks.

You can write an app that simply loads up your script, compiles it and runs it. That’s probably the only way to go, because you have no access to the binary executable code produced by the XojoScript compiler, and even if you did you couldn’t just write it out to disk and expect it to work.

As for the class stripping, etc., you have no control over how the compiler does its job. Anything you want omitted from the executable should be omitted from your script’s code.

[quote=42573:@Eric Williams]It’s a little hard to tell what you’re trying to do here, but I can fill in some of the blanks.

You can write an app that simply loads up your script, compiles it and runs it. That’s probably the only way to go, because you have no access to the binary executable code produced by the XojoScript compiler, and even if you did you couldn’t just write it out to disk and expect it to work.

As for the class stripping, etc., you have no control over how the compiler does its job. Anything you want omitted from the executable should be omitted from your script’s code.[/quote]
Thanks. I thought that was how it was. That was an excellent explanation.