More than one image in an imageWell

How do I add a second or third image to an ImageWell?
Image.Append(pic) ?

Why? ImageWell shows one image at a time, at full width and height.

If you want to overlay pictures then, draw them all into a new picture and then display in an image well. But if you are going to do that, a canvas will end up being better and more flexible for you.

I have one canvas in my app that depending on the configuration can display one image up to 256 images. It just then becomes a matter of calculating where to paint…

[quote=205224:@Brian OBrien]How do I add a second or third image to an ImageWell?
Image.Append(pic) ?[/quote]

What do you mean exactly by append ? Like, adding a picture on one side, above or below so you can scroll through images ? Or something else ?

I think its really the picture within the ImageWell that can have more than one image.
I assume there must be a reason for the ImageCount property of the picture.

I see an IMAGE property but what/where is this ImageCount

There is an ImageCount for Picture… which if you read the LangReg

and I believe QT has support was discontinued by Apple last year sometime, and even so, I would assume this property applied only to special graphic images created by/for QT…

I assume there must be a reason for the ImageCount property of the picture.

Sounds to me like the documentation and interface to this class is out of date?

I just looked at the Xojo docs and there is NO imagewell.imagecount property. I’ve also checked auto-complete for an imagewell control and there is no such property.

Not sure where you got this…

I see the ImageCount property of the picture object. Not sure what that would be used for…

[quote=205311:@Brian OBrien]I think its really the picture within the ImageWell that can have more than one image.
I assume there must be a reason for the ImageCount property of the picture.[/quote]

There surely must have been a reason for that property at one point. It should probably be deprecated today, as QuickTime has been removed from Xojo as of 2014R1 if memory serves.

Besides, it seems nobody ever was able to find out what to do with it, in this forum or the old :
https://cse.google.de/cse/publicurl?cx=008988130934258766521:z7y63ptbi2q

I just tried to load an animated Gif and get imageCount as per the LR, it never says anything than 1.

You could use an array of pictures to do something similar to what you posted.

Add a Pic as picture to the window

In a button :

[code]Sub Action()
// creates new picture
dim f as FolderItem
f=GetOpenFolderItem(“image/jpeg”)

if f<> Nil then
pic.append(Picture.Open(f))
label1.text=str(pic.Ubound)
ImageWell1.Image=pic(pic.Ubound)
end if
End Sub
[/code]

Then the equivalent of ImageCount would be Pic.Ubound.

As I’ve said twice now:
ImageCount is a property of the Picture class.
I never said it was a property of the ImageWell.

I was under the impression that that property would imply that a Picture can have more then one picture.
but it seems that it is deprecated and was only available for mac.

that is pretty much what everyone has been trying to say one way or another…

[quote=205347:@Brian OBrien]ImageCount is a property of the Picture class.
I never said it was a property of the ImageWell.[/quote]

Sorry, but Your initial post made absolutely no reference to picture :

[quote]How do I add a second or third image to an ImageWell?
Image.Append(pic) ?[/quote]

NSImage and UIImage can contain an animation sequence (doesn’t have to be a GIF like the usual animated GIFs so you can use alpha value and full color scope). Could very well be this feature’s implementation was planned (or cancelled) at a certain development stage.

The oldest question in the old forum dates back to 2005. Since then all the questions ended up pretty much like here, with more questions than answers.