"Missing" keyboard shortcuts

This lack of shortcuts has been a right royal pain, yesterday I reached the end of my tether - please support this feedback for more keyboard shortcuts.

There’s a few issues in the IDE which would make life more productive (customised toolbar anyone!) but this, IMHO, is the biggest.

Agreed, but Feedback 28875 is very specific to the find/Error pane. On a related note to the rest of this topic, I had to do some debugging in VB6 this past week and I had forgotten how much I missed the F8 key to step through the debugger code. I hate the 3-finger combo they give us in Xojo and hate even more clicking the icon with the mouse once for each line of code. The debugger is painful enough to use as it is, why pour salt in our wounds?

Absolutely - generally the IDE is missing keyboard shortcuts but it’s the Find/Error/Messages pane thats painful. I’m having to move off the keyboard to close this once every 5 mins, and no I am not exaggerating.

Yesterday, it was once every 2 :frowning:

Thanks to some heroes on Twitter, <https://xojo.com/issue/28875> is now the 19th most voted case. As I said at the top of this thread, “We know that some improvements in the IDE create a ton of work for Xojo engineers, energy that I’d imagine most of us would rather was spent on iOS. However, I’d have thought that keyboard shortcuts would be one area that would be good bang for your buck, in terms of the improvement to the end-developer, for the amount of time invested by Xojo engineers.”

If you can add a few points to this Feedback case… thanks!

Now 17th.

While this is helpful, I personally hardly touch my mouse, especially when coding but due to this and many, many (back/forward!!!) reasons I am on my mouse all the time in Xojo. I would welcome ANY improvements in keyboard handling in Xojo, far more than iOS :slight_smile: