Missing EnableMenuItems

Thank you for your consideration.
no problem for me.
I can only understand that you are having a complicated constructive discussion.

It just seemed like a logical discussion based on what was already discussed. If it offended anyone then I apologise. We’re not asking for anything other that enabling and disabling menu items.

For example it seems a waste to have to open the clipboard and check the datatypes on it if they file menu is opened. Especially since the event is fired again when the mouse is moved over to the Edit menu without closing the menu in any way. That was all.

Are any of you experiencing a noticeable delay between clicking your menu and it appearing?

We can try to fix that. I would be happy to chip in my thoughts.

Otherwise, you’re poking the bear for no reason.

Since I haven’t yet implemented this event at all, the answer is no. It may still be no once I have implemented it in full, if I ever do.

One can poke the bear by accident. Sitting in the library at CERN some 50 years ago, I typed two characters on my remote terminal and crashed both of CERN’s main super-computers.

Agreed. The event gives you the opportunity to enable or not enable the MenuItem.