Missing Built in Controls

I haven’t been paying attention to controls I haven’t been using, this morning I needed to use UpDownArrows. When I dragged them to a window, I got an object instead of UpDownArrows. I haven’t used them in years so I wasn’t sure if this was normal. I switched the word Object to UpDownArrows and it switched back to Object. I then noticed this happens with a number of built in controls I don’t use:

Bevel Button
Image Well
Open GL Surface
Placard
Popup Arrow
Progress Wheel
RBScript
Segmented control
Separator

Are these depreciated?
Using RB2012 r2 on Windows 8

TIA

Not deprecated and certainly available in 2012r2
Not sure why it would behave this way for you on Windows 8

[quote=40996:@Jym Morton]I haven’t been paying attention to controls I haven’t been using, this morning I needed to use UpDownArrows. When I dragged them to a window, I got an object instead of UpDownArrows. I haven’t used them in years so I wasn’t sure if this was normal. I switched the word Object to UpDownArrows and it switched back to Object. I then noticed this happens with a number of built in controls I don’t use:

Bevel Button
Image Well
Open GL Surface
Placard
Popup Arrow
Progress Wheel
RBScript
Segmented control
Separator
[/quote]

As Norman mentioned, they certainly should show up. How many plugins do you have installed?

Just the standard 5 database plugins are in the Plugin directory.

Out of curiosity, have you tried with Xojo 2013r3? It’s possible something got fixed in the last year.

No, I expired :frowning:

You can use the new Xojo IDE for free… You just need to pay if you want compile, so you can at least test against it…

Seems I need to run RB as Administrator then all is good.