Migration Questions

I have migrated an RB2012 app to the new Xojo2013 environment and have a few questions.

1. In the old environment I had an open source splitter bar, which showed up in my project list and would show up in my control library so I could drag it onto a window. After migrating to Xojo, it shows up in my project list, but not in the control library - so I cannot drag it to a window. Other custom object I built are also not showing up in the library controls. How do I get them to show up there?

2. Is there a way to add a save button to the toolbar in the new IDE?

I’m sure I will have additional questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

You can drag it from the Navigator to your Window. Select your Window, then scroll the Navigator to the Splitter and drag it onto the Window layout.

No, not at this time.

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t aware about the dragging capability from the navigator. So far, I much prefer the old IDE. I wish there was a capability to make the new IDE have the same look and feel as the old one. (hint to Xojo staff) It was much more intuitive and easier to use. I didn’t have to add event handlers to use them - They were already there. I don’t see me working in the new IDE. I’ll go back to using the 2012 version.

Again thanks.

Gary