Menus Missing

Recently the project I am working on stopped showing the menus when the Application is launched.
I am wondering what I might have accidentally changed to make this happen as I am pretty sure it isn’t a bug.
Menus is set to the Menu I have had in place since the beginning,
Document Window,
Placement Default,

The menus reappear when I call other windows in the program??

Suggestions?

Is the window where the menu does not appear set to “full screen”?

In the Advanced tab of the Inspector for the window do you have MenuBarVisible set to OFF?

Nice pickup Julian and Paul, it was set to off :slight_smile:
Which begs the question if it is deprecated IDE feature do we have to set this in code in future releases?

Thanks again

[quote=406151:@Martin Fitzgibbons]Nice pickup Julian and Paul, it was set to off :slight_smile:
Which begs the question if it is deprecated IDE feature do we have to set this in code in future releases?

Thanks again[/quote]
Why do you think it’s deprecated?

Because Xojo Inc. labeled it this way? (see above Screenshot) :wink:

Just because it’s in the Advanced tab, doesn’t mean it’s deprecated. Things appear on the Advanced tab when we believe it’s a seldom used or a set-and-forget option.

The title above it says: “Deprecated”

Please check the Screenshot:

It clearly states Deprecated right above this Option (Between arrows 3 and 4).

Close up:

I do not have that on Xojo 2018r2 / Mac OS El Capitan.

Thank you for taking a look, because i could not verify for myself if this is still valid for current Xojo releases. thumbsup :smiley:

@Emile Schwarz: where are your eyes? The “deprecated” is even in the latest version of things to come.

I took your Screenshot @Beatrix Willius and created a FR: <https://xojo.com/issue/53388>. I hope this was ok. :slight_smile:

Sure.

Is that option related to Page Not Found — Xojo documentation ?

Notes Mac: When True, the Dock and main menu bar are hidden when your app is frontmost. Windows: When True, the taskbar (including "Start" button) is hidden, regardless of whether your app is frontmost. Linux Mint: When True, the window menu bar is hidden (other distributions may have different behavior).

I think True should be False here.

And for people new to programming, having True/False in the docs, but OFF/ON in Xojo is confusing.

That’s what I get for only looking at the current release version.

The current release version say ‘Deprecated’:

The current version is 2018r2 and this is what I said earlier (MacOS El Capitan).

Now if you are on Linux or Windows