Menuitems settings

Hi
I was wondering if and how it was possible to make a menuitem visible or unvisible by code, and ore enabling them (greying a menu that is not available for anyreason but still visible)
I dint see any proprieties on the IDE for these options

thanks

Horacio,
Here is how to hide or show the main menu items:

// SET THE MENUBAR ITEMS FileMenu.Visible = True EditMenu.Visible = False

Also, if you are interested in more MenuBar info, take a look at the following thread:

Link to Forum Thread

Hope that helped :slight_smile:

Horacio: I warn you about the OS you target. Some features are only OS based (does not works on Windows, but on OS X or…)

MenuItem, check the visible property for example.]

That is one instance where using several menu bars can be handy.

Visibile is not available for Windows. At this point I believe that we are second class citizens as some other people said here many times.
Is there some technical reason why this luxury option cannot be available for us ? Just wondering

I think you have to ask Microsoft, not Xojo on this one.

Also, I do not think there is such Class in Xojo (second citizens).

[quote=197039:@Horacio Vilches]Visibile is not available for Windows. At this point I believe that we are second class citizens as some other people said here many times.
Is there some technical reason why this luxury option cannot be available for us ? Just wondering[/quote]

“Second class” Windows users simply use duplicate menu bars ; for instance one with EditFind, the second without, and switch with self.menubar =

The result is identical to the user as the Visible property…