MenuBarVisible

I have a project that was originally created several years ago, now for some reason a particular window doesn’t show the menubar.

So I’ve done a search and can see that there is a property called “MenuBarVisible” on each and every window, so obviously on this window it’s set to false. However there is no option that I can find in the IDE for altering this option.

Is there something I’ve overlooked or should I file a feedback report?

btw; I’ve also created a new blank project and while the property doesn’t show up in the IDE, it can be found when doing a find.

In the meantime I’ll add some code to overwrite this property.

If all you want is a menu bar not visible set it to nil

MenuBarVisible affected more than just the menu bar on OS X

http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Window.MenuBarVisible

This was changed between 2013r2 and r3

Hi Norman,
I guess I wasn’t clear in what I was saying and I’m sorry for that.

Am I right in saying that there used to be an option in the IDE for changing this setting? Now that it appears to have disappeared, is the only way to change this option via code in the window.open event?

The reason being is that I’m working on a older project and couldn’t figure out why the menubar (and dock) were disappearing when a sheet window was shown.

In the Inspector for a window, at the bottom, you got a PopupMenu with the MenuBar. If set to None, there is no menuBar.

[quote=208852:@Sam Rowlands]Hi Norman,
I guess I wasn’t clear in what I was saying and I’m sorry for that.

Am I right in saying that there used to be an option in the IDE for changing this setting? Now that it appears to have disappeared, is the only way to change this option via code in the window.open event?

The reason being is that I’m working on a older project and couldn’t figure out why the menubar (and dock) were disappearing when a sheet window was shown.[/quote]

MenuBarVisible IS the problem - yes
Modify it in code
I’m thinking that the newer IDE’s should have always changed that to true now since it doesn’t do what the name says
I know when the change was made but it doesn’t look like that was done

[quote=208899:@Norman Palardy]MenuBarVisible IS the problem - yes
Modify it in code
I’m thinking that the newer IDE’s should have always changed that to true now since it doesn’t do what the name says
I know when the change was made but it doesn’t look like that was done[/quote]
Would you like me to file a Feedback report?

<https://xojo.com/issue/40536>