Menu items ghosting

I create a menuitem, create another, and the first one is now ghosted during execution. I’ve been down this road before and always did a quick and dirty fix … never knew what’s going on.

What is going on?

I have no idea what you’re referring to

Okay, let me try again. I created a menuitem (sub-menuitem, actually), added a menu handler, and all was well. Then I added another sub-menuitem and the first one is no longer clickable. It’s “ghosted.” The new one works.

This has happened to me in the past with dynamic menus. It’s all quite confusing to me.

Sorry my terminology isn’t up to snuff. I hack. But I’ve hacked some big projects.

Okay, I’m an official idiot. Didn’t have the first menu handler in place. Thought I did. Long story.

Fixed now. Thanks to all who spent their afternoon sweating on my problem. :slight_smile:

It’s helpful if you know the terminology. One of the best ways to learn the terms is to read the manual that’s included with Xojo.

You can find a PDF version in your installation in the folder titled Documentation. There is also an online version at http://developer.xojo.com