MBS Updater Kit: how to suppress 'searching updates' dialog?

I’m just making my first steps into MBS updater kit and so far everything works as expected. (Nice!)

There is a cosmetic change which I would like to see there:

There is this little dialog flashing up, to fast to be read by a user: it says ‘searching for updates’ (or ‘Suche nach Aktualisierungen’ in German).

To me it looks like flicker, but it is this dialog which is just to quickly disappearing to be read. How could one switch this off? This flashing does not look clean, and I would like to switch it off. But how?

One way would be to use “updater.checkForUpdatesInBackground”, from the module UpdaterEngine, see code below.
But then the user also does not get the information “you are up-to-date”…

[code]Protected Sub CheckForUpdates()
// Call for manual update search

#if TargetMachO
dim updater as SUUpdaterMBS = updaterRef
if updater <> Nil then
// ask Sparkle to check for updates

'updater.checkForUpdatesInBackground  <== silent
  updater.checkForUpdates

Return
end if

#endif

// search for updates with our own engine
if TestWindowsOnMac or TargetWin32 then
SearchUpdate true
end if
End Sub
[/code]

I made a screen cast. Maybe it helps to illustrate the issue (German commentary) :
http://osswald.com/xojo/mbs/ukt/

Best place to ask this is the MBS mailing list.

The behavior you ask for is not implemented in Sparkle.
Best may be you subclass SUUpdaterMBS, so you can use events and show such a dialog yourself. And than use checkInBackground.

[quote=74094:@Christian Schmitz]The behavior you ask for is not implemented in Sparkle.
Best may be you subclass SUUpdaterMBS, so you can use events and show such a dialog yourself. And than use checkInBackground.[/quote]
Okay, I’ ll try. Thanks!

I prefer this add-on channel, because the forum allows for more formatting, pictures, code, etc. - and I believe more people read it.