MBS Plugins 20.6 pre-releases

Hello,

in this thread I want to post to you what’s new in 20.6 prerelease plugins.

download here:

or ask (in private message or email) to be added to the shared dropbox folder.

If you like our plugin, bookmark, like or forward this thread.
If not, well you can ignore it.

Thanks for supporting our plugin.

If you have questions, please post your question as a new discussion.

Greetings
Christian

2 Likes

20.6pr1:

1 Like

We uploaded newer dmg/zip with a little change to fix Universal builds for 2020r1.
Please try.

20.6pr2:

• Added NSCollectionViewControlMBS control to use Apple’s implementation of a collection view in Xojo.
  • Added NSCollectionViewMBS and related classes.
  • Added NSEdgeInsetsMBS class.
  • Fixed a problem with WKWebViewControlMBS crashing the IDE when drawing it.
  • Improved FileMappingMBS class to do >2 GB big shared memory views on 64-bit systems.
  • Update SQLite library to version 3.34.0.
  • Implemented workaround for problems with universal builds in Xojo 2020r1.
  • Changed SQL Plugin to automatically use CLOB/BLOB type for strings for SQL Server if length is >8000.
  • Added readSelectionFromPasteboard, validRequestor and writeSelectionToPasteboard events for NSServiceProviderMBS class.
  • Changed flags for NikonCamera, CanonEOSDigital and Accessibility plugin parts to be desktop only.
  • Improved DynaPDF functions to take pictures and if needed pick the best representation.
  • Updated DynaPDF to version 4.0.44.125.

20.6pr3:

20.6pr4:

2 Likes

21.0pr5:

1 Like

21.0pr6:

• Updated DynaPDF to version 4.0.46.132.
  • Added manual rendering functions to AVAudioEngineMBS class.
  • Fixed a memory leak in WordFileMBS class.
  • Added LeadingFactor parameter for ConvertStyledText, WriteStyledText and WriteStyledTextEx in DynaPDFMBS class.
  • Changed DynaPDFMBS to not raise exception if WriteFText function is cancelled.
  • Revert workaround for universal plugins in Xojo 2020r2. Please use Xojo 2020r2.1 now for building universal apps.
  • Changed plugin class registration to skip desktop controls for iOS and iOS controls for Windows/Linux where you can’t build for iOS.
  • Disabled AVCaptureDeviceInputSourceMBS class for iOS.
  • Fixed an issue with SQL plugin connect to MySQL when server doesn’t know utf8mb4 text encoding.
  • Added isiOSAppOnMac property for NSProcessInfoMBS class.
1 Like

Only by interest, was this related to the “issue” I reported recently?

If the server complains about “utf8mb4”, we fall back to “utf8”.
You need a real old MySQL version to find one, which doesn’t know utf8mb4!

1 Like

I never followed up on my error as it is obviously not related to MBS SQL and it is working by not using “For each”, and the sole instance where I’m still using mySQL, but I’m still (sometimes) curious what the root cause is.

21.0pr7:

• Added Frames function for IEDocumentMBS and IEWindowMBS classes.
  • Added Document property to IEWindowMBS class.
  • Added GetTypoLeading method for DynaPDFMBS class.
  • Fixed CMap loading problem with DynaPDFMBS class on macOS and Linux.
  • Fixed WebView2, WindowsHTMLViewer, WindowsStore and XMP plugins to not need VS 2019 runtime libraries.
  • Added messageDrainControl and OwnerControl properties to DirectShowVideoWindowMBS class.

21.0pr8:

• Added ShowWindow flag for WindowsExecuteMBS method.
  • Added AcceptTabs property to WKWebViewControlMBS control.
  • Fixed ChartDirector to not need Visual Studio 2019 runtime libraries.
  • Fixed problem with WordFile functions and some Word documents with older encodings.
  • Added more methods to DirectShowPinMBS class.
1 Like

tested a handful on-going projects with this new release - no obvious issue whatsoever (macOS and Web 2)

Thanks. It will be an excellent release, I hope.

1 Like

Making MBS great, again! - The comma is important, don’t want to sound “Trump-ish”, but Donnie came to my mind when I read that ;-).