Maybe we need to drink this when we code in this...

http://www.myxojo.com

Do they have it in a good single-malt Scotch?

I drink tea. I like drinking tea any time of the day.

There defines a difference between Americans and British :smiley:

I cannot believe you do not drink tea!?! Is this not a global tradition? I do not drink tea for the tradition, though I drink it because it wakes me up and tastes good. Also, energy drinks taste nasty.

Is this generally what the American society drink? I would not believe it.

Have you ever tried the traditional fish and chips. Again, I eat it because it tastes good and not to go along with the ‘traditions’. If you ever come to the UK you should seriously try the traditional fish and chips. Mmmm!

Do most Americans drink XOJO (or in Dales case, Scotch)? Not at all…

But “tea” is a totally British Tradtion… and not one adopted by most Americans.
Coke, Pepsi, ICED Tea, sure depending on where, when… Hot Tea… only if I have a cold :slight_smile:

As far as Fish and Chips… I love it… .but I’ll bet Dollars to Doughnuts (shillings to crumpets?) that American Fish and Chips is probably nothing like British Fish and Chips. (are yours still wrapped in newprint as shown on the Telly?, or is that just propaganda for us Colonials? :slight_smile: )

[quote=63546:@Dave S]Do most Americans drink XOJO (or in Dales case, Scotch)? Not at all…

Coke, Pepsi, ICED Tea, sure depending on where, when… Hot Tea… only if I have a cold :slight_smile:

As far as Fish and Chips… I love it… .but I’ll bet Dollars to Doughnuts (shillings to crumpets?) that American Fish and Chips is probably nothing like British Fish and Chips. (are yours still wrapped in newprint as shown on the Telly?, or is that just propaganda for us Colonials? :slight_smile: )[/quote]
Fish and chips are definitely no longer wrapped just in newsprint! There is always paper without inc wrapping the fish and chips. It use to be that it always wrapped in newsprint, as far as I can remember. That was probably about 4 or 5 years ago though. Must be properganda, I believe there is a law in place for wrapping fish and chips in printed paper NOW (I think my parents told me that).

always wrapped *always was wrapped

[quote=63546:@Dave S]Do most Americans drink XOJO (or in Dales case, Scotch)? Not at all…

As far as Fish and Chips… I love it… .but I’ll bet Dollars to Doughnuts (shillings to crumpets?) that American Fish and Chips is probably nothing like British Fish and Chips. (are yours still wrapped in newprint as shown on the Telly?, or is that just propaganda for us Colonials? :slight_smile: )[/quote]
‘Fish-and-chip shops traditionally wrapped their product in newspaper, or with an inner layer of white paper (for hygiene) and an outer layer of newspaper or blank newsprint (for insulation and to absorb grease), though the use of newspaper for wrapping has almost ceased on grounds of hygiene. Nowadays, establishments usually use food-quality wrapping paper, occasionally printed on the outside to emulate newspaper.’, quoted from Wikipedia

I would agree with this statement.

Oliver,
is it still tradition to use lots of vinegar on your Fish and Chips?

Some Las Vegas restaurants serve one of my favorite drinks for free. Unsweetened ice tea, mmmmmm.

The biggest difference is the portions. You can get a something the size of a decent steak in the UK for the price of the glorified nuggets you get over here. Nevermind the fast food junk you get around here.

Personally I don’t drink energy drinks. My choices are (in reverse order) decaf coffee or tea, wine and a good ale.

Type “xojo” into google and that comes in on page 2. The whole first page is all Xojo programming language. Not too shabby for a small compiler company that just adopted the brand (after the energy drink mind you).

Fish and chips was only ever wrapped in newspapers due to a shortage of paper during the second world war. Up until a few years ago, a few places still used newspaper as a wrapping, but health and safety now prevents this.

Ah, I believ I remember, there is somehing like Scotchy. A location, perhaps?
:wink:

Fish and chips! When I was in London (Brighton, actually) several years ago I opted for fish & chips at a corner pub. Really good even if I don’t use vinegar on it. Actually, the best fish & chips (well, at least the fish part) I ever had was at a brew-pub in Mountain View, California. The place: The Tied House. They had a special, experimental serving of fish & chips using smoked salmon for the fish instead of the bland whatever was caught fish usually used. Unfortunately, they never repeated the experiment even though it was really good. The stronger fish went well with their Imperial Porter.

Damn! Now I’m hungry again.

I’m a coffee snob. No tea…

I think what I drink you can loosely call “coffee”
I got hooked on it when I worked for the Police Dept long ago and if a spoon stood up in it it was just about strong & black enough :stuck_out_tongue:
Dissolving the spoon was even better

This always used to annoy me when I fancied fish & chips on a Sunday…

Quoted from another conversation in another place…

Before the Sunday Trading Act of 1994, fish and chip shops were not allowed to open on Sundays, but other types of takeaway were. That led to the daft situation where if you wanted fish and chips on a Sunday, you had to buy it from the Chinese takeaway.