Max Width Height of WebCanvas or WebContainer?

Is there a Maximum width and height for a WebCanvas?
I was doing some testing with a html5 canvas and bumped into constraints.
I don’t want those constraints.

If there is constraints on the WebCanvas size then is there constraints on a WebContainer’s dimensions?

AFAIK there are no maxwidth or maxheight in Xojo WebCanvas or WebContainer.

Besides memory that is.

The html5 canvas ended up being a bitmap within the browser and ended up being huge and as such that is why there was restrictions on its size.

What kind of size do you really need ? 300 x 400 yards ?

It depends on how complex the diagram I’m trying to make gets.
It’s either free to grow and under the control of the browser or I need to segment the diagram and implement scrolling around and rendering a portion of it in the browser window as a function of scroll bar positions. (Less than ideal)

[quote=192377:@Brian O’Brien]It depends on how complex the diagram I’m trying to make gets.
It’s either free to grow and under the control of the browser or I need to segment the diagram and implement scrolling around and rendering a portion of it in the browser window as a function of scroll bar positions. (Less than ideal)[/quote]

The issue here is to get an idea of what the limits are for a standard user configuration. As Greg said it is a matter of available memory, you may want to run experiments with increasingly large canvases until you reach the limit, on most standard browsers in standard configurations (whatever that means), then set your strategy bases on the lower denominator.

Wait a sec… You’re drawing a bitmap image into a WebCanvas? that’s a triple whammy. You’ve got the image stored in the app on the server, all that data needs to be transmitted to the browser and then the browser needs to keep it in memory too.

If it’s just a diagram, can you draw it using the WebGraphics object in the WebCanvas Paint event instead? That would save you transmission time and memory on both ends.