MAS Mandatory Requirements

I have just started using my Apple Developer subscription and am getting ready to put my first app in the MAS. I have been watching the Apple produced videos and I have seen that when registering a new app one of the fields required is a URL to a support web site.

Is this is mandatory field? If I do not have a website does that preclude me from having an app in the MAS?

If I do need to have a website is there anybody on here who can point me in the right direction for creating such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t believe that field is required.

[quote=74803:@Simon Berridge]I have just started using my Apple Developer subscription and am getting ready to put my first app in the MAS. I have been watching the Apple produced videos and I have seen that when registering a new app one of the fields required is a URL to a support web site.

Is this is mandatory field? If I do not have a website does that preclude me from having an app in the MAS?[/quote]

The support web site link is mandatory. It is necessary to provide support to customers who need help. Mine is usually simply a link to a form where users can send me an email.

You may want to start with a free web mail form such as those listed at free mail webform at DuckDuckGo

As Michel says, the link is mandatory. However, I don’t believe Apple vet the site for content. It could probably be your FaceBook or Twitter page and you’d be okay!

I’ve seen links to the developers Twitter feed as support and blank websites. If there is no website with good information about the developer is a good sign for me not to buy something.

Totally agree. I was just saying that Apple don’t care what’s at the end of the link. And I’d bet most buyers on the App Store don’t either, these days.

Thank you all for your help.

I was actually surprised by the number of prospective buyers who use my contact form about certain apps. I would probably miss the sale if the prospects had no way to reach me. Some other apps have totally silent customers.

Customers should also be mentioned. Ideally, I would love to sell apps and never hear from them again. But some customers do need support.

All in all, every other day I get mail from MAS users.