MAS Image Sizes?

Hi,
Does anyone know the image sizes (Retina included) which are required when putting an app in the MAS?
I can find info for iOS apps, but not for desktop apps.

Thank you all in advance.

[quote=122299:@Richard Summers]Hi,
Does anyone know the image sizes (Retina included) which are required when putting an app in the MAS?
I can find info for iOS apps, but not for desktop apps.
[/quote]

1280x800

Thanks Michel.

Is that the only size needed?
Also, do I need to include a version twice the size of this - or is this the retina size, and it gets automatically be scaled down for normal screens?

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

[quote=122304:@Richard Summers]Is that the only size needed?
[/quote]

Yes. This is the only size needed for screen shots. Forget Retina.

For an app, you need at least one screen shot. Look at other apps in the MAS for inspirations. Most what is called screen shots are in fact presentation pictures with screens and commercial blabber.

Just go ahead and start publishing you app in Itunes Connect. You will see it is not as complicated as it may seem.

Additional items you will need are a small web site to be able to provide a support link and another link to show a privacy statement. The very minimum is a page telling people how to contact you if they need help. Mine uses a standard mail form where people can enter an email message that is sent to me so I can reply.

You can get that from free services such as listed here https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+website+mail+form
For the privacy statement, or to add pages with other information such as additional support, you may want to consider http://www.50megs.com/ which offers free hosting. I used them in the past, they have nice service and easy setup.

Here is the text I use for the privacy statement on a single web page :
PRIVACY STATEMENT
We believe in the strict right to privacy. In other words, your information is your own, and you are entitled to expect others to respect it as your private property.
We do not collect any information about you, and do not use tracking software such as cookies or other technical means.
Servers automatically record IP addresses of computers connecting to them to be able to deliver pages, but none of this information is used for any tracking operation.
We strictly forbid ourselves to collect, record or otherwise process any private data belonging to our visitors without their expressed consent.

Just start filling up description and stuff with very limited information, upload whatever image for screen shot, so the product exist. Then take your time to write the best description you can come up with (copy from competition if you find any in the MAS), and take your time to polish your electronic glass window. Then when you are ready, upload your app and wait for the review.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for all that info Michel - very much appreciated!
I have my own website, and every page has an email form, so that part is taken care of.

I will just need to create a privacy statement page.

Thank you once again Michel!

[quote=122322:@Richard Summers]Thanks for all that info Michel - very much appreciated!
I have my own website, and every page has an email form, so that part is taken care of.

I will just need to create a privacy statement page.

Thank you once again Michel![/quote]

You are welcome, Richard. Just start your app in ITC and you will see it is really not that terrible. And if you need guidance, you know where to ask :wink:

Thank you!